Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 4:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denial of Service Attack
RE: Denial of Service Attack
The tech guy is a fucking idiot. I've whet my teeth on them a hundred times throughout my elementary to high school career. They usually understand little more than 'type static IP into Windows box and win!'

One tried to sic the disciplinarian comittee on me once because I was 'sabotaging the network'. In reality, the fucker had loaded VNC onto all the workstations and interrupted (by accident?) several of my Starcraft games (in Digital Photography), eventually culminating with my sharp eyes noticing the mouse moving by itself. Without a second thought, I slightly unplugged the network cord, giving it the appearance it was in, but in reality had no physical connection.

I excused myself to answer the call of nature, and reflect on sending zeroes down a septic tube (since everyone knows how to send a one). Just when I got back and sat down, he bursts through the door, tromps over to my computer and begins shouting at me while rubbing his hands all over my workstation. The Digital Photo teacher, a meathead who coached Football and probably stuffed people like the Tech guy down the trash perhaps once upon a time, stares at him with a glazed look as the guy rambles off incoherent accustations.

At the climax of his tizzy, the Tech yanked the power on the workstation. Now, as you might not know, many schools employ a software named 'Deep Freeze' on their equipment. Deep Freeze wipes and restores a computer to a set state on reboot, losing all new data.

Well, by power cycling my machine, he lost all logs and screen caps of what I could be doing (I was navigating through the unsecured Windows Network). And he realized that.

And immediately left, without further words.

I proceeded to launch Starcraft once again, and play. Because while he knew something was happening, Starcraft is a DirectX game that seizes control of the framebuffer, preventing spy applications from seeing anything more than an empty black box.

Big Grin

Anywho, back on topic, the next time you talk to these people, don't mention AtheistForums and do threaten legal action. Only way to get their attention and since the server IP serves more than AtheistForums, has not those other websites unduly suffered? Then make their suffering, the 'bystander caught in the crossfire', be the basis of the potential 'legal claim' when you next contact them.

American conduct against schools is chiefly characterized by lawsuits. I suggest you adopt the customary poses and threats, regardless of your intention to truly enact legal action, in order to get the most efficient and fast response.

Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Messages In This Thread
Denial of Service Attack - by Tiberius - October 31, 2011 at 9:16 am
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by The Grand Nudger - October 31, 2011 at 10:46 am
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Tiberius - October 31, 2011 at 11:32 am
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by fr0d0 - October 31, 2011 at 3:00 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Autumnlicious - October 31, 2011 at 3:21 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by 5thHorseman - October 31, 2011 at 3:37 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Tiberius - October 31, 2011 at 3:51 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by 5thHorseman - October 31, 2011 at 3:55 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Erinome - October 31, 2011 at 4:03 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Welsh cake - October 31, 2011 at 4:01 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Minimalist - November 1, 2011 at 6:37 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Shell B - October 31, 2011 at 4:17 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by frankiej - October 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by The Grand Nudger - October 31, 2011 at 5:03 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Autumnlicious - October 31, 2011 at 5:28 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Violet - November 1, 2011 at 4:11 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Welsh cake - November 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by 5thHorseman - November 1, 2011 at 6:45 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Cyberman - November 1, 2011 at 8:23 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Doubting Thomas - November 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Blam! - November 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Autumnlicious - November 2, 2011 at 4:01 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by Minimalist - November 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm
RE: Denial of Service Attack - by tackattack - November 5, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is what a Denial of Service attack looks like... Tiberius 33 13560 August 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Cyberman