Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists
(May 25, 2012 at 7:02 pm)Jesus Pipes Wrote:
(May 25, 2012 at 6:52 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Agreed. I appreciate the fact you realise that, its a rarity in most Christians.
However, Jesus said that the old testament holds true, did he not?
What of the Bible? Supposedly the word of God. It has quite alot to say on the subject.
You disagree with it on this subject?

One of the major arguments atheists have about the bible is that all these stories were written on so many different scrolls by so many different authors. This is true and why theists should not take the entire bible and say their faith is based of of the whole book.

Jesus preached that you could have a relationship with God without following the ways of the OT. Whether you agree with it or not, Jesus preached mercy, not a eye for an eye. Christianity is not the same as what Jesus preached.

I can't say if Jesus was more than a man or not, but he did preach tolerance and acceptance. Even if he was just a man you could learn a lot from him on how to treat others.

Again, sound reasoning in part.
You say we shouldn't take the whole Bible seriously. How do you decide which parts are to be taken seriously? I find his rather relevant as all evidence of Jesus' existence lies entirely in the Bible.
In this case I use the term evidence rather loosely in your favor by the way.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: everyone (else) seems to be hating on atheists - by Reforged - May 25, 2012 at 7:08 pm