Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 9:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physicists show bias against female job applicants
RE: Physicists show bias against female job applicants
(October 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(October 26, 2012 at 8:25 pm)jonb Wrote: What on earth are you going on about?

Didn't you like me saying that bias is more general than just what is happening in academic science, and giving two examples of it?

No, I didn't like your conflation of the activities of a privately held organization (of which serves an audience that clearly endorses various -isms) and the larger, unrelated issue of women in the sciences.

Your conflation and confusion of disparate issues muddies up the primary topic.
I often find when looking at a problem, it can be quite illuminating to try to look at it from a different angle, and to look for similar situations.

(October 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Show me something other than a study that screams "bias!" with some meaningful conclusions (as to how and why) than simply using said study and implying that the males are simply sexist.
Actually that is not my position at all, I think there are all sorts of variables, which affect how groups of people are perceived, which then has implications for individuals in that group. And I would add the person with such a bias is often not even be aware of it. Just encase here is another study on impartiality-
http://www.nber.org/papers/w5903

(October 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I didn't apologize. Fuck you.

I am taken aback, at your unexpected and kind offer of sexual congress, but due to prior engagements I am afraid I will not be able to join with you, please do not take this personally. You should not take this rejection, as being because of anything to do with your person, I am sure you are a fine individual, and you will find the right person for you one day.
Love and kisses Jonb

Messages In This Thread
Physicists show bias against female job applicants - by Tino - October 25, 2012 at 3:11 pm
RE: Physicists show bias against female job applicants - by jonb - October 29, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn, should I even be watching this show? vorlon13 13 2536 August 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Implicit Bias and You. And Me. And Everyone.. Aroura 53 8408 October 13, 2016 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Questions about genders ... male/female Reader 74 13090 January 18, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  An even more interesting view of female privilege popeyespappy 0 1334 January 22, 2012 at 2:32 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Male or female??? frankiej 33 8828 October 24, 2011 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Violet
  Evolution Theory - please show the proofs NoGodaloud ? 161 56284 September 14, 2010 at 11:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb