Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ARCHIVED] - The attributes of the Christian God exhibit logical contradictions.
RE: The attributes of the Christian God exhibit logical contradictions.
In this debate, i am affirming that the Christian god (in the form it's followers usually believe it to be) is an impossibility... I am basing my evidence upon simple logic (With logical impossibilities existing within the text describing this god), not upon any scientific findings or metaphysical theories.

I start with my first point here, obtained from others: "If God knows everything, he knows his own future. If he knows his own future, is he able to change it? If he is able to change it, then his original knowledge of his future was wrong, and he is not omniscient. If he isn't able to change it, then he is not omnipotent."

An omnipotent being cannot fail to do anything. An omniscient being cannot change its mind. The god in Christianity has changed his mind many times in the bible (Contradiction, therefore it is impossible for "God" to be omniscient). To have ultimate power, one must have ultimate knowledge. If the Christian god is omnipotent: he is also omniscient (Contradiction, therefore it is impossible for "God" to be omnipotent). The Christian god cannot exist in the form that many Christians believe him to exist as (Eg: as an omnipotent entity).

My second point (obtained from myself): If the Christian god unconditionally loves... then the human race is no more special to him than are rocks. By the very definition of unconditional... (without regard for any attributes)... this god's statements about moralities and his judgements are immediately defaulted.

From the beginning of Genesis, to the end of Revelation: the Christian god has shown unfair favoritism, comparison of attributes, and judgements based upon them. The Christian god does not love unconditionally.

My third point (obtained from myself): If the Christian god is jealous... then it is not alone. Christians often think that their religion is monotheistical... and that their god is a jealous god. But if their god is a jealous god: he must have someone (or something) to be jealous of. Who could possibly have earned such a powerful being's jealousy?

If we are to have no other gods before this one, then those other gods must exist in some way. With all the angels, lesser demons, greater demons, Satan, Lucifer, YWHW, Jesus, The Four Horsemen, The Holy Ghost, The Mother Mary, Gog and Magaog, and other such divine entities: it is not hard to guess that the Bible is inconclusive. If YWHW is jealous... it is because there are other gods for it to be jealous of.

Conclusion: The Christian god does not exist as most Christians think he does... he does not unconditionally love us... and if he does exist in some form: he lies to us, and is jealous of his peers and/or superiors.

(Edit: added in Bolds and Italics for emphasis and ease of reading.)
(Edit 2: fixed possible clarification issue.)
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
RE: The attributes of the Christian God exhibit logical contradictions. - by Violet - September 12, 2009 at 2:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [ARCHIVED] - A Discussion of the "All-Powerful" Nature of Gods Tiberius 5 4384 October 11, 2009 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Secularone
  [ARCHIVED] - Evidence Vs Faith Edwardo Piet 82 29401 September 20, 2009 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [ARCHIVED] - God(s), Science & Evidence leo-rcc 2 3909 May 11, 2009 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  [ARCHIVED] - Creation vs. Evolution Ashlyn 70 30298 April 6, 2009 at 4:16 am
Last Post: Darwinian