Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leonardo-Darwin comparison.
RE: Leonardo-Darwin comparison.
(October 25, 2008 at 3:57 pm)dagda Wrote: Personaly, I find Enstien or Hawking more intresting. Intrestingly, Leonardo was an occultist. Not incredibly relivent to anything, but no less intresting.
I don't know much about Hawking...all I've really heard about him if I were to give the overall impression is: "A brief history of time you will either find to be very brilliant, very boring or brilliant but overall maybe a bit too intellectual and therefore also a bit boring"...thats my overall impression, but I can't really give my own opinion because I haven't actually READ a Brief History of Time or any other of his books.
I would agree with you in that IMO Einstein is very fascinating indeed...however I don't think I find him as interesting as Leonardo Da Vinci, other than the fact Einstein is more modern and therefore his science is more advanced. And that we have more information on Einstein because he was alive only last century whereas Leonardo died very nearly almost 500 years ago. IMO I do consider Leonardo to be overall the most talented man and greatest Genius that has ever lived - if you consider that he was like pretty totally amazing at everything. He was probably the greatest thinker of all time (if you consider the time he lived in, he'd have even information and tools to work with if he were alive today) IMO...
EDIT: Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention it: I went to the 'Leonardo Da Vinci Expedition' in London a few years back, and it was amazing what I saw.
I saw under glass some of Leonardo's original notebooks. I also saw the REAL original of his famous self-portrait.
OMG though, I could not believe what I was witnessing when I was looking at a fantastic animation of Leonardo's drawings, and I heard that it wasn't edited or re-done in anyway, the frames were all identical copies of the exact sketches that Leonardo had done. His line work was so amazingly precise that all the frames ran together as an animation perfectly - even though they weren't designed to be animated and were purely hand-drawn sketches. Talent or what?
EDIT: My brother (who also went to the expedition) tells me that I was right it was the self portrait...so I've corrected and edited my uncertainty about that. And also in this post Wink
P.S: For those who don't know; I only learned recently myself: The 'Le' in Leonardo Da Vinci is pronounced 'Lay'.

Messages In This Thread
Leonardo-Darwin comparison. - by Edwardo Piet - October 25, 2008 at 9:13 am
RE: Leonardo-Darwin comparison. - by dagda - October 25, 2008 at 3:57 pm
RE: Leonardo-Darwin comparison. - by Edwardo Piet - October 25, 2008 at 6:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In comparison purplepurpose 11 822 May 31, 2020 at 11:20 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Stupid criminals/Darwin award thread. Brian37 3 816 December 14, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Darwin stubby Ophelia 23 2925 October 26, 2014 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Darwin is cheated again Doubting Thomas 4 2095 June 7, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I see a celestial Darwin has put in an appearance Zone 31 6494 February 12, 2013 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Darwin Awards....submit your stories you know of Brian37 0 1034 May 31, 2012 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Vote for Darwin! The Heff 9 3034 May 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
Wink Happy Birthday to Charles Darwin! IronicAlchemist 11 4850 February 13, 2011 at 10:16 am
Last Post: IronicAlchemist
  Music/ Darwin admirers bozo 0 1135 August 29, 2009 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: bozo
  Darwin on the £2 coin Rob 4 2438 July 8, 2009 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Rob