Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarianism vs Omnivoreism .... discussions btw Kichi and bennyboy
RE: Vegetarianism vs Omnivoreism .... discussions btw Kichi and bennyboy
Now while we are no the topic of economics, have you considered

Big Oil
You support the use of "synthetics" yet do you understand just WHERE these "synthetics" come from? And all the environmental disasters that entails. But hey go get your acetates, nylons, elasanes and acrylics all you want...no animal suffered? BS

Big Pharma
The use of dietary supplements necessary to maintain health and vigour, "the ability to thrive" for vegan/ vegetarians. Where most supplements require 'animal testing' and so "suffering" to be declared safe for human consumption and that the source of such supplement be identified. And just where do you think you are going to get B12, folate?

Big Agriculture
While it is laudable that per acre, vegetables are capable of supplying a 10 fold increase of protein compared to animal protein, just what sort of protein is being supplied? Companies liken to Monsanto have captured the 'niche market' of "ethical vegetarians" and devised crops that demand a sterilisation of the soil, heavy usage of non-organic fertilisers (see big oil here) and pesticides just to supply the 'niche soy-beans' market. Ever wondered why you HAVE to declare yourself an "ethical vegetarian"?

Big Food
Nothing is more insidious than this industry. You can lump sugar, protein, grain, in fact any necessary staple required for vegetarian and non-vegetarian diets in with this lot. Their governmental lobbying power is supreme to the 'animal welfare' lobbying power where both have no consideration for that which they purport to be advocates of.

The above feed into each other and are fully endorsed by "ethical vegetarians" who will complain bitterly about "environmental degradation and pollution" of our planet (and rightly so) but fail to see that they are part and parcel of the problem. This is starting to look like a circular argument and smacks of religious overtones even here. All statements to the above..... we are caught in the inconsistencies and manipulation of big corporations being in bed with our governments to legislate policy,

Also noted, a correlation (no actual causation thanks to the lack of funding to carry out such studies..I wonder why?) between the increase in obesity and the usage of margarine plus "protein enhanced" (read soy flour added as a main ingredient) bread.

Do we have any unbiased studies? No, as this is seen as a threat to the above big industries and so are avoided or obfuscated. Is it a conspiracy? Hell no, it is happening with the help of PETA et al and the science illiteracy of most of the people on the planet.

So in summary.

This is NOT about $$$ economics but about the actual usage of resources?
BULLSHIT. PETA along with any other "animal welfare organisation" is nothing more than a pseudo religion. They do fuck all for animals (better talk to your local farmer instead) and yet claim $$$$$$$$$ off the willing to do just what? Lobby governments so that nothing will change and they can still bleed those how actually DO have a conscience for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to keep them in the life styles that are totally divorced from what they are preaching. Seems like religion to me and a great gig if you can swing it...hang on L. Ron Hubbard did!

So what I also will say here is
You want to eat vegetarian? GO FOR IT! IF it works for you GREAT, it didn't work for me (40kg and major organ shut down) but FFS don't come at me with the "oh you didn't do it right" BS.

And so, in this regard I would say that omivoreism is just as valid as vegetarianism. Neither should be discounted as sustaining health via nutrition.

It seriously depends on the genetic make-up of the individual body indulging in said diet.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vegetarianism vs Omnivoreism .... discussions btw Kichi and bennyboy - by KichigaiNeko - February 19, 2014 at 6:06 am