Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's self esteem and the human free will : NO FORCED CONVERSION WITH THE SWORD
RE: God's self esteem and the human free will : NO FORCED CONVERSION WITH THE SWORD
(July 21, 2014 at 4:59 pm)pocaracas Wrote: And what comes after? The fact that people could tell this back then only comes to show that people weren't all as dumb as we, today, like to paint them...
When you look at it properly, all the classical greek and roman authors and philosophers were quite smart.

Anyway, what comes after? What's the reasoned argument that defeats this objection, according to the book?

They weren't TBH. I always believed humans were pretty smart since day 1 -hence no monkey to man stuff-.
They used to think & analyze pretty much like us, that's why a Quran read 1400 years ago has a similar effect on the modern brain as the ancient brain.

The reason behind sending prophets as humans is simply to disproof Satan's false claims about how sinful & filthy humans are. The story of Satan is something I posted here a lot, so I won't post it again, you'll find it in many verses in the Quran.

With every prophet sent, god shows to satan how strong humans can get with god's support, how faithful they can get with god's support, without even seeing angels or god. Some humans would instantly believe, just by following logic & heart.

It also serves another purpose, which is the hammer of god hitting the ego nerve of people. ya know, when people think they know it all, that they also believe they have the right to make fun & kill those who oppose them.

It's always the condition, mate. God sends a man prophet, a lot of people start making fun of him & turn his life into a living hell, just because deep inside they thought they know it all. So god deceived them, to let the darkness of their hearts shine, with that prophet the center of attention.

History marked that Rome tortured Christians & threw them to lions in the arena, marked that Mohammed peace be upon him & his followers saw hell in Mecca at the hands of the heathens, marked that Jews saw hell under the hands of the Pharaoh.

It mainly serves these two purposes.

Quote:You say wrong.
Logical thinking is independent of ego.

Science proved that the brain operates in patterns. Experience built upon experience ; resulting a unique pattern. So, if ego penetrated that pattern, believe me even your logic will be built upon ego, at least to some extent.

That's what I believe in.

Quote:False analogy... or maybe you prefer "Strawman".

mmmmmm...

Quote:No it wasn't.
It was meant to the people in or around the arabian peninsula.

Also, why make it arab? A language which is extremely difficult to translate to any other keeping the meaning (and multiple meanings) intact?

Why not make things the proper and right way?

The Quran itself says it's universal !

( 28 ) And We have not sent you except comprehensively to mankind as a bringer of good tidings and a warner. But most of the people do not know. Page 431, Quran.

Don't you think your argument proves that Islam is the right religion ? or at least point at that direction ?
Because, despite the language you say is "hard", Islam did spread to cover the whole globe & today Muslims are a billion..

So if Arabic wasn't convenient islam would've vanished wouldn't it ?

Then, I'm a native arab who never left the middle east -yes sir-, I learned English by myself without teachers or courses & fluent in the language, I don't see any meanings being lost in the translation !

Not even a single meaning !!
All the verses I copied to you perfectly match the arabic ones meaning wise, not a single word is dropped in the middle.

Islam is for everybody. Don't allow a crazy Arab to convince you it's for arabs only and that "Arabic is the language of Islam". Islam is the language of god. Arabic is a human language that Islam was "described with it".

It can also be described in English & any other language.

[/quote]
[Image: Asshole+priest_656713_4814495.jpg]

I'm not a Catholic, Pocaracas. I didn't say "he wouldn't go to hell".
I said " god will judge him, nobody can say either he/she would go to hell".

God will judge. It's non of my business. So I better warn before god judges that poor eskimo guy.

Quote:It's the same thing for every abrahamic religion, you know?... Kind of like they were all made up around the same story, but then each put in a few local details. Just enough to set it apart... just enough to justify invading the opponent's territory... just enough for WAR!

Again, that similarity is another good sign that Islam is true, and that Abraham along with all the other dear prophets practiced this faith & preached it at different locations.

War ? All I know is that people took those peaceful religions, started to twist it to fit their needs, then waged war under its name ; falsely .

Starting with Christian rome, to Ummayad traitor Mo'aweya ibn abu Sufyan.

Quote:And how, pray tell, do you know that?
First, that "god is".
Second, that "god is fair".

Honestly I didn't understand what you mean. Please elaborate.

Quote:The government thing... well... they do attempt to apply justice, but the maxim of "innocent until proven guilty" does allow some actual wrongdoers from sustaining their just penalty. As all human systems, it is an imperfect system, one that attempts to minimize the injustice.

I don't believe that.
Millions around the world don't believe that -including non muslims-.

Foreign policies of world governments disprove every single word you said about them seeking to limit "injustice".

When america & israel invade, all eyes are blind.
But when Russia does it all eyes are opened.

Other examples are too many to post.. out of context too.

rasetsu

ha ha ha ><

paulpablo

And the verses you brought actually speak about meeting god as a heathen..

Say somebody had stole a property. God might forgive him in judgement day even though he met him as a thieve. He won't if the person met him a heathen.

On earth, repent, and god will forgive you. Verse :

( 11 ) But if they repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, then they are your brothers in religion; and We detail the verses for a people who know. Page 188, Quran.

Read this whole page ; the verse was especially aimed at "heathens" !

Differentiate between life on earth & the after life !
Differentiate that after death there's nothing you can do to fix what you have done in your life.

As long as you're alive, you have a chance to follow god's path.

Quote:No because good deeds aren't synonymous with believing in the verses of the quran.
Just because the quran mentions some good deeds doesn't mean the quran invented these good deeds and if you do them you're believing in the verses of the quran.

You say god doesn't punish people just for not believing in god?

Yes. God invented them & showed them to humans since the day of Adam & Eve.

Disbelief would lead them to do bad stuff that would earn them hell.
Disbelief would lead them to deny the good deeds, or do it at times & forget about them in other times ; unlike a true believer who does them all the time.

Eventually ; their disbelief would earn them hellfire.
Yet, only god judges. It's not me who judges.

I just warn with the Quran. You believe whatever you wanna believe.

Welsh cake

You remind me of a friend in college, who got so late on a lecture, the professor was an old fashioned older gal who hated the guts of delay & literally used to withdraw the course for students who are absent for only 3 lectures !!!

The guy came late, he told her "sorry I was praying !", two seconds we heard the mosque calling for the prayer xD it wasn't even the time of prayer when he was absent Big Grin I think he was in the cafeteria devouring on sandwiches..The professor laughed though & didn't count him as absent xD

But I do it, it's the best thing I ever done in my life. So peaceful and makes me feel so close to god. I don't do it to run away from work TBH, I usually pick up a time where nobody sees me and do it alone, concentrating on the fact that I'm literally praying for the one & only god.

Quote:If I believed in god, which I don't, I would have to point out you're making huge generalizations.

There are many days where I hate the universe, life, and often despair and long for eternal death. I'm not alone. I guess your life is too peachy perfect to ever hope to understand.

Don't misunderstand me. Earthly life is sure grim, gloomy and full of sadness. I know that because I myself is not a happy person by myself ; Islam makes me happy and hopeful.

But the concept of life, the good taste of food, the company of somebody whom you love & loved by, a good laugh over a joke, the wonders of outer space, the scene of the cherry blossom.

stuff make you wonder : what if we lived on another place, which has all these blessings yet without the gloomy aspects ?
a place without rejection, hatred, war..a place of love & peace that would go forever ?

That's why I believe in God and life after death. There is a place that is better than this and I totally believe in it.
Atheists call me delusional & living in denial. But no. This life has enough signs that a creator is there and that it's all nothing more than a test.

Messages In This Thread
RE: God's self esteem and the human free will : NO FORCED CONVERSION WITH THE SWORD - by WinterHold - July 23, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Documentary: Sword and the Crescent mralstoner 9 2579 February 24, 2016 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Killing of apostates in Pakistan and attacks on Free-thinkers Free Thinker 3 2140 May 15, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37