Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
(March 21, 2018 at 9:09 am)Shell B Wrote: You’re just a bit histrionic at times.

Perfect word to describe me. For three reasons. 1. It clearly fits the way I am. 2. It's considered a female thing and I've spent years online being mistaken for a female when there's been no information out that I'm male. And 3:

[Image: WO802Td.png]

And the funniest thing of all, I didn't even pick this username myself... lol. Someone else chose my username Alasdair Ham and then many people started calling me "Hammy" as a nickname so in the end I thought "fuck it" and changed to it lol.

(March 20, 2018 at 1:54 pm)Shell B Wrote: So many threads get closed these days. It's lame. That's my commentary.

I agree with you and one of my favorite things about AF was that we never used to close threads around here. And I was only talking about this to someone yesterday, actually.

A thread that initially starts off shit and may need closing often starts off a convo that is actually interesting. But it still gets closed anyway Facepalm

That never used to happen. When uninteresting threads became interesting they stayed interesting. Sure, sometimes interesting threads became uninteresting and disruptive, but the reverse does happen too...

I always found AF to be the perfect balance between TTA and other forums. TTA has next to no control or restrictions or moderation whatsoever and people get banned for basically being "a dick" or some shit whenever the staff can be bothered... but most forums are so controlled it feels like you're at a tea party with a bunch of old ladies telling you to mind your language. AF was the perfect balance. But now it's starting to become a lot more old-lady-tea-party-ville and it's freaking annoying. Or to put it another way: This place is becoming safe-spacey as I said it was...and indeed, "lame" is the perfect word. The fact many AFers left for TTA which, as I say, is the exact opposite... testifies to what I'm saying.

Everyone be good or the thread will get closed or deleted.

Before people could just be themselves and say what they want and people would get banned when they were disruptive but there were no other silly restrictions.

Not that I can do anything about it anymore.

It's still better than most forums at this point but it's slowly becoming lamer and lamer and shittier and shitter just as I predicted.

And of course, the Staff who strongly disagree with me (probably 100% of them) will just double down and make this place even shitter when I say this stuff so maybe I should shut up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. - by Edwardo Piet - March 21, 2018 at 9:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2479 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4145 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5639 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 7898 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6577 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 32475 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Unable to log in to my account Mermaid 42 6083 March 30, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6125 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things. Losty 13 4270 May 16, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2036 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope