Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
(April 4, 2015 at 1:48 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(April 4, 2015 at 1:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: John, are you privy to the warnings that have been issued?  Is it that we haven't banned him what's sticking in your craw?

You do also understand, don't you, that we act based on what's reported, not every fucking post that someone makes?   Haven you reported any of the issues in question recently?  (I happen to know that the answer is no.)  If you haven't reported it, how the fuck can you reasonably complain that we haven't done anything about it?  How would you even know?
Key word is "recently." I've reported in the past and been shot down, so as a rational person o don't report anymore. If you've done something about it, that's great. Keep it up. But since as you note I don't know what you do, I'm going to assume that the patterns I've seen over a couple of years are continuing unitl there's evidence otherwise.

Quote:We don't make public the results of reports, but I can tell you that he's been warned recently for that *exact behavior* and if it continues in the future, then it will be escalated.

Frankly, John, you've got little room to complain about posts we don't act on if you don't report them.
Again, I was told that in the past, I reported, and the votes weren't there, as you put it. I'm not going to bang my head against the wall with continued reports, particularly as you guys use that as a weapon, and then ban the person for reporting too many posts.

We do that only when they *flood* us with reports, usually when they're upset that something didn't go their way.

As far as not taking action on your prior reports - we don't take action on the majority of reports we receive, no matter who it is, because they're not actionable.  We're happy to explain why we don't take action on a particular report.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. - by Jackalope - April 4, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2481 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4145 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5639 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 7904 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6583 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 32486 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Unable to log in to my account Mermaid 42 6091 March 30, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6125 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things. Losty 13 4270 May 16, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2036 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope