Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true.
TW had a dream in which he dreamt he was a child being baptized. From this dream he concludes there is an invisible sky-daddy creator of the universe.

I would conclude, based on this thread, TW left his religion based on emotions and returned to the same for emotional reasons. There still exists no rational reason to believe in such a thing. Some people just need the warm fuzzies to get thru each day. The realization of a cold hard uncaring unconcious universe with no promises of love or everlasting life is a bit much for emotionally weak people to handle. Much like some people cannot handle loneliness and get into unhealthy, unhappy and dangerous relationships rather than be alone.

Are we (or others) going to be treated to the "I used to be an atheist!" line now? Much like Kirk Cameron.

"I used to be an atheist and believed there was no God! Then I stopped my car and prayed......"
"I used to be an atheist and believed there was no God! Then I had a dream....."

Even as an atheist I have stated more than once to others, some people need Jesus. The violent, the lonely, the depressed. Some people just need something to keep them from throwing their arms in the air and saying "I give up!'. If that's what TW needs to keep him going, more power to him. As long as he doesn't attempt to convince others of some kind of underlying external reality to his beliefs and start supporting christianity based legislation there isn't any problem with him creating his own reality within the confines of his own mind.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: converting back unto theism - yes it's true. - by Dotard - March 15, 2010 at 10:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypocritical Theism Leads to Atheism Ambiguous Atheist 16 4937 November 15, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Joods
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6428 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation Marshmallow 13 4378 September 28, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Marshmallow
  Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... dave4shmups 47 13776 September 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: dave4shmups