Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a Christian Atheist... what? Help.
RE: I am a Christian Atheist... what? Help.
Thanks guys for all the replies. 

Robvalue, you are right. I am well aware of the logical fallacies, otherwise, I wouldn't be here, but in a church.  I am not saying that what I am going through is related to any God. I am saying that it in Christianity it looks that way. However, given that I THINK like an atheist (I'd say) I know that I'd have no evidence that my interpretation of what I'm experiencing is the correct one. 

I would consider myself an atheist. Maybe I should surround myself with more atheist material and lay off the music for a while. I mean, I know I can't become a Christian because of all the logical fallacies, unsound arguments, contradictions, lack of evidence and all that, so there is no alternative for me other than to accept that so far there has been no evidence whatsoever that God is real. Even if Jesus came (back) to Earth, he'd have a lot of explaining to do. 

Jörmungandr Wrote:When you are lost and need to find your way, which should you turn to: reason, intuition, or feelings?

Nothing wrong with enjoying religious art, but do you really think it's something more?

Honestly, right now, I'd go for reason. I do not think that there is something more. I can't even know if there is something more. Even if there was a creator or more creators - as in any possible creators, not Deities-, I don't see how that should change one's view on life. For example, if we believed this world was just a simulation, it wouldn't change anything, because the creator(s) is(/are) clearly not intervening with the universe they created. After all, if you create an awesome program, you want to see what it's capable of and not change it all the time to suit your needs.

Jericho Wrote:Do you really believe in God, or do you just want to? Is it possible that what you're 'feelings' are just your subconscious trying to comfort you?

That is my take on it too. I want to believe it and my subconscious is trying to comfort me.

LastPoet Wrote:Dude, the morals you have in your heart as you say, were simply usurped by christianity. That's all there is. They profit in human feelings to drive their money making schemes, taking credit over something that is natural to our species.
I do believe you're right.

Messages In This Thread
I am a Christian Atheist... what? Help. - by Tucker - May 2, 2015 at 8:29 am
RE: I am a Christian Atheist... what? Help. - by Tucker - May 2, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian Everything -> Atheist Faber 3 1404 June 4, 2014 at 9:47 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Christian Priest to Atheist to Buddhist BlackSwordsman 51 11224 May 18, 2014 at 6:19 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Hello I'm a Christian...Atheist... what. NeuerMensch 22 6599 January 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Christian to wiccan to new age to atheist k2490 12 4835 October 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Fruity
  Christian->Budhist->Atheist yuriythebest 6 2725 August 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist