Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex penticostal christian... kind of athiest
RE: Ex penticostal christian... kind of athiest
Hello, sarahcq1.
Don't push yourself. You're not in a race. Take a deep breath and think things through, all the way to the end.
You don't need to have a degree to justify your views. If you weren't intelligent, you wouldn't be in experiencing this level of conflict.
Also, I think the lingering fear of hell is often the last and longest hurdle for people going through this process. I don't know if you've ever watched clips of 'The Atheist Experience' on Youtube, but I found the infusion of logic on this matter to be very helpful.
Allow yourself to be sad and to grieve this loss. You are losing something that's been a part of you for a long time. You probably have a lot good memories of your life with the church, a sense of belonging and comfort. But that doesn't change the truth. If you've come this far, you probably can't go back to blind faith. Belief isn't something we choose. We either do or we don't. There's no switch.
Besides, you've had the guts to questions things this far, which means you ain't no punk! You can do this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ex penticostal christian... kind of athiest - by Athene - July 15, 2015 at 2:22 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No longer an atheist but what am I? A different kind of CREATIONIST.. Whateverist 53 10767 August 1, 2014 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  new athiest missing the blissful ignorance of theory of god purduejones 17 4295 December 3, 2013 at 10:13 am
Last Post: LastPoet