Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would we currently be at this point of civilization without religions?
RE: Would we currently be at this point of civilization without religions?
(September 19, 2015 at 4:35 pm)strawberryBacteria Wrote: As much as I hate all the persecutions, suffering, and general nonsense that religions have brought. upon people, and truly believe that pure humanism is the way to go, how can we know for sure that without the existence of the current major religions and its contribution in bringing stability in the past, we would be living in a much better, utopian world?
My underline.

Time travel, take out the major players as the come up. Come back and see.

Make two sims, one with and one without (I know that this will trip some triggers here). See what happens. Even this is not a sure thing, a guess.

Find a culture with no religion ever (not sure that exists, maybe ask  historian Min). Do a comparison. Still a guess.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would we currently be at this point of civilization without religions? - by brewer - September 19, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it cringy to point out that astrology is fake? Sicnoo0 44 4081 September 30, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama