Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
Hi Dave-

One way that really helped me was to:

#1: Fully accept that I was indeed going to hell. It kinda lost its power when I just accepted it and then realized it was like saying, "I am going to Japan to live." No I'm not.

#2. Live in a place that has all religions crammed together. I live in a ferociously multi cultural area. Every day I see Muslims and Hindus and Christians and Buddhists. When I go for a walk downtown I NEVER hear just English, but Russian, French, Chinese, etc............Well, I was crusing along and it hit me, either we are all right or all wrong. It seemed bizarre that we even have different faiths when they are all jammed on top of one another.

Well, those are two.

Your mind will pull you through.

And if you go back and forth, well, it's your own journey and you do not need to apologize to anyone. Just seek reason. It is hard to come by once you surpress it for too long, as I can attest!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... - by RachelSkates - August 31, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prison got me thinking about atheism Reasoned 10 3899 February 12, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What was I even ever thinking? katiefranco 5 2125 November 18, 2013 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Owlix
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6430 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
Question a slow but sure process towards rational thinking @heist 5 3417 January 9, 2012 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  converting back unto theism - yes it's true. TruthWorthy 101 33690 March 26, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: fr0d0