Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
Quote:Unless there is any direct evidence for any of these Gods, there is no point in believing one way or the other.

Modern Atheists cling to the idea Rene Descartes is famous for, 'Skeptical about everything, untill one can prove it.'

But can anyone prove anything absolutely?

Can you prove to me that 2 + 2 = 4 and always will?

Perhaps one day 2 + 2 = 5. You cant say there isnt a chance.
One should also deny their existence, in this world, as there is no concrete evidence you exist in this world. We may all be faries at the bottom of the garden sleeping!
Quote:Also be careful of people who present a wolf in sheep's clothing. Solja's point is well taken, but she has done much straw-manning herself on this forum and thread. Everyone will do it, you need to be prepared to analyze everything you hear with real scrutiny, reason, and logic, and make sure it concludes soundly with you.

Everyone commits logical fallacies, at times.

However, when most Atheists enter the relam of theology, they commit the straw man fallacy, eg. 'I dont worship an invisible sky daddy.'
'faith is blind, to have evidence is contrary to faith.' These claims can appear to dismantle Theism, but they dont...
Although, I agree with you, dont believe what anyone says, research research research!
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... - by solja247 - September 9, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prison got me thinking about atheism Reasoned 10 3894 February 12, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What was I even ever thinking? katiefranco 5 2124 November 18, 2013 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Owlix
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6430 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
Question a slow but sure process towards rational thinking @heist 5 3414 January 9, 2012 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  converting back unto theism - yes it's true. TruthWorthy 101 33663 March 26, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: fr0d0