Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
Quote:first of all by definition, faith= belief without evidence. if there was evidence one wouldn't need faith.

actually that's what christians do. In arguements with theists (I've watched many an episode of "the atheist experience") this usually goes that at first theists try to present evidence (usually they try to portray the bible as evidence) and once that gets debunked they fall back to "ahah! I have faith can't touch that!" and indeed we can't, and indeed you loose the argument cause if your argument is "I have faith" then I can't really say anything that could on an intellectual level challenge that.

Some theists believe in YEC it doesnt mean their arguements or beliefs are correct.
I believe there is enough objective and subjective evidence to believe in God. However, one still needs faith. I may be completely wrong and as Dawkin's book says, 'The God Delusion' it may be all a one big delusion. I have faith that God is real. I cant prove His existence or lack of existence, but I dont believe without evidence or have this 'blind faith', I did at once, but I dont anymore, I myself, have doubts about God still, BUT I believe in His existence...
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... - by solja247 - September 10, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prison got me thinking about atheism Reasoned 10 3894 February 12, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What was I even ever thinking? katiefranco 5 2124 November 18, 2013 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Owlix
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6430 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
Question a slow but sure process towards rational thinking @heist 5 3414 January 9, 2012 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  converting back unto theism - yes it's true. TruthWorthy 101 33665 March 26, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: fr0d0