Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debunking the "God is Beyond Time" xtian response
RE: Debunking the "God is Beyond Time" xtian response
(April 17, 2017 at 12:35 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Greetings, AF-ers!

So.  I played the Easter Vigil Mass at a Catholic Church on Saturday evening.  I was sitting beside a friend who is in the medical profession - very intelligent, very scientifically-oriented. Her understanding of evolutionary biology is much stronger than mine.  At the Vigil, they read the "Creation story", the "Exodus", and a whole bunch of other evil bullshit. So, at one point, I just said - "So, the creation story is a complete myth, right?" -- expecting her to agree.  She didn't.  Her response is "No, not exactly.  It's just not couched in scientific terms, because it was written down by people who didn't have that knowledge.  But I believe that it is accurate at it's core, because GOD exists OUTSIDE OF TIME." Well.  It wasn't a good time for a debate.  This debate may never come up, really.  Her Father is not well - she's stressed.

But I know that I have read good responses to that "beyond time" fallacy.  I just can't find them at the moment.  I did a search for a thread here, (I'm pretty sure SOMEBODY brought it up!) -- haven't found that yet either. It boggles the mind, because as far as we can tell, nothing in this universe is "beyond time".  And she certainly has no evidence for her assertion.  

But if anyone has a really good explanation for why this is a fallacy, an illogical dodge - - or can point me to a good source - - I need to study!  Thanks team!

-- Fuzz

share my creation account with her..

The one that says there is not a time line between the end of the seventh day of creation, and the fall of man.

The idea the garden being created in chapter 2 was set aside while the rest of creation/evolution took place.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Debunking the "God is Beyond Time" xtian response - by Drich - April 18, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5156 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Debunking atheists on christians not following the law of moses Rokchan 42 10531 October 29, 2014 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19775 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Having trouble wording my response... InevitableCheese 7 2096 December 30, 2013 at 3:37 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  A rational proof of a time of manifestation of judgement (if God is accepted) Mystic 12 5584 July 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Anyone want to have some fun debunking this crap? Ziploc Surprise 3 1944 October 13, 2012 at 12:02 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Anyone want to take a stab at debunking this "miracle"? Ziploc Surprise 33 15824 April 20, 2012 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: simplexity
  James Randi's next grand debunking Rokcet Scientist 22 10073 February 24, 2012 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Good ol' Xtian capitalism Rokcet Scientist 7 3472 February 19, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Muslim Response to Viral Christian Video Erinome 3 2257 January 27, 2012 at 9:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko