Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran.
RE: "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran.
(November 16, 2017 at 7:57 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: I can agree with your analysis to this point.
Continue; please.

Quote:Why not a proof/Sign/indication
Quote:Sura 14, The Quran:
( 9 )   Has there not reached you the news of those before you - the people of Noah and 'Aad and Thamud and those after them? No one knows them but Allah. Their messengers brought them clear proofs, but they returned their hands to their mouths and said, "Indeed, we disbelieve in that with which you have been sent, and indeed we are, about that to which you invite us, in disquieting doubt."

( 10 )   Their messengers said, "Can there be doubt about Allah, Creator of the heavens and earth? He invites you that He may forgive you of your sins, and He delays your death for a specified term." They said, "You are not but men like us who wish to avert us from what our fathers were worshipping. So bring us a clear authority."
Quote:Sura 6, The Quran:
( 111 )   And even if We had sent down to them the angels [with the message] and the dead spoke to them [of it] and We gathered together every [created] thing in front of them, they would not believe unless Allah should will. But most of them, [of that], are ignorant.

( 112 )   And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent.

Yes MK; You are correct; these verses also prove that even if the clear signs were shown; if God didn't will for the soul to believe; the person won't believe.
You are correct in your analysis.

Quote:But implied is that,  some people demanding proofs will not accept proofs. And this the other side of the issue which Quran will elaborate on.

THIS. Exactly.
This is a good topic. Continue.

Doesn't prove anything. In fact it just makes it more ridiculous. For example, if I make up a religion on the spot, and write in my book: "People won't believe this" then when they end up not believing I can't claim I predicted the future or I'm right etc. Please...

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. - by SaStrike - November 16, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 84 2791 Yesterday at 5:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8712 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20568 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1284 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4401 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2905 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48892 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12376 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 866 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14598 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257