Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran.
RE: "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran.
(November 18, 2017 at 7:14 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 8:21 pm)Cyberman Wrote: That's not how peer review works. If scientist x makes an observation, it doesn't count as evidence if scientist y can't make the same observation. If scientist x obtains data from an experiment, that data - even if it's accurate - must be discounted if scientist y can't reproduce the experiment.

Scientists are just as biased as everyone else; but the scientific method is deliberatly designed to reduce or even remove those biases as much as is possible.

Blind assumption that everybody in the jury is doing the experiment "honestly"; is a blind slack cutting in the sake of the jury's authenticity.
I know what peer review mean; and that is not what I'm presenting here.

I'm presenting that humans tend to repeat the same actions of others; so the trials and experiments get repeated despite having different judges; and that produces identical opinions; or in other words: biased opinions.

Scientific experiments are totally different than philosophical ones, or historical ones.
You can smell bias when the peers chosen are usually from the same field of study. I just think so many people are subject to bias in their opinion and conclusions.

If one doesn't do the experiment "honestly" they are going to get caught out by others performing that experiment. That's how many fraudsters have been outed so far... by the scientist community itself.

And what do you mean with "historical ones"? Archaeological finds are indeed testable and are peer reviewed, just like any other branch of science.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. - by Aoi Magi - November 18, 2017 at 9:41 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 84 2790 Yesterday at 5:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8712 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20568 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1284 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4401 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2905 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48891 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12374 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 866 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14596 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257