Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran.
RE: "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran.
(November 19, 2017 at 7:50 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Archeological findings mean different things sometimes, take the ancient astronaut community, I can join the masses making fun of them or listen to a totally different story being told, based on the same archeological finding.

I don't watch "ancient aliens"; neither am I supporting it. But I do believe archeological evidence shows signs of advanced civilizations, and the mainstream analysis is quite....biased?

No Atlas, see there is a very big difference between the "ancient aliens" community and the actual scientist community. Archaeologists while encountering a past monument might not always know how it was made, and they will claim that they don't know. Then they'll present their hypothesis on how it might have been built and move on to finding proof for their hypothesis. On the other hand, a person from the AA community simply points to that gap in knowledge and claims "aliens did it". There is no attempt to form an actual hypothesis and/or back it up with evidence.

Also, regarding your or any other holy scriptures, they are written by humans claiming to be inspired by god. There is no reason to believe that claim if you don't trust humans. And in reality you shouldn't trust humans, rather you should base your trust upon evidence that can be verified and re-verified as needed.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. - by Aoi Magi - November 19, 2017 at 10:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 84 2783 Yesterday at 5:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8654 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20568 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1284 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4401 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2905 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48886 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12367 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 866 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14596 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257