Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
RE: What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
(July 2, 2018 at 10:57 pm)jimhabegger Wrote:
(July 2, 2018 at 8:52 pm)ignoramus Wrote: So basically, a book on being moral?

There might be more to it than what "being moral" means to most people. It's about learning attitudes and behavior that help make the world better for everyone, because you want to. I think Hal David and Jackie DeShannon nailed it: "What the world needs now, is love, sweet love. That's the only thing that there's just too little of. What the world needs now, is love sweet love, no, not just for some, but for everyone." Not just smiles and sweet talk, either. Really valuing all people everywhere, and caring what happens to them.
Quote:Disney has taught kids more about morality than Jesus or the bible ever could...

Maybe so. I might have learned some of my morality from Annette, and from the Oz books by L. Frank Baum, and maybe even from "Gerald McBoingBoing."

(July 2, 2018 at 8:54 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: What the world needs is a 60% reduction in the human population and for humanity to stop acting like children and grow the hell up.

I agree with stop acting like children and grow up, although in some ways I'd like to see people acting more like children. I'm not sure about the 60% reduction in population, but you might be right about that too.

(July 2, 2018 at 8:55 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Don't listen to the Valkyrie Jim.
She's trigger happy with nukes!   Big Grin

She didn't say anything about nukes, and I was trying to pretend that she didn't mean it that way.

Ignoramus was joking. Our mod, Valkyrie, here, is a gruesome gal. She likes sharp things, explosive things, things that one would need an alibi for.

But she's very loving. In her own special way.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone - by Joods - July 3, 2018 at 12:02 am