Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
RE: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
(July 19, 2018 at 9:40 am)SteveII Wrote:
(July 19, 2018 at 8:59 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Where are you getting that percentage from?  Wait, I'm receiving a divine message from the eternal wisdom of FSM  "Tis from the deepest chasm of his arse".  So it was said so it shall be.

RAmen

Catholics and Eastern Orthodox believe in the trinity, There are only a few protestant groups that don't believe in the trinity. With 2.3 billion Christians, 1% would be 23,000,000. Those groups are not that big. The constant charge that there are so many opinions within Christianity on the subject is stupid.

I agree.

I think it's equally stupid to pretend that the doctrine is necessarily baked into Christian belief or was there from the beginning of the movement, and not something cobbled together as a "solution" to a long-standing problem for the church. The number of people who subsequently embraced the doctrine, after the church had effectively labeled alternative understandings as heresies and rooted them out, is neither impressive nor compelling.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? - by Crossless2.0 - July 19, 2018 at 10:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29864 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" Was Jesus Really Sinless? Rhondazvous 46 6992 May 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q