Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Suppose This is "Uncivil"
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil"
When I noticed this nonsense was from Raw Story it was an instant "face palm", but I read it anyway.

Do you know why a lot of times don't tip? (It has little to do with religion or worldview. It's how businesses handle the cash registers. You have a cashier taking your bill and the care they give in having you pay it isn't the same as that of the waiter or waitress. You may even have a restaurant that has you pay ahead of time, you finish your meal, then you realize you didn't have cash to leave on the table. Think buffets like Golden Corral. Cashier doesn't bother to ask if you want cash back, you realize you have no cash when you're about to leave, and there is still a line at the register for lunch or dinner. What do you do? If you're like me, this is the first thought that pops in your head. "I'll just be sure to give them at least a double tip next time." You forget or simply don't come back for awhile, and BOOOM, your wait staff officially got stiffed. Or you have some snooty person at the buffet that upset you, so you decide to talk out of the restaurant without tipping.

I always try my best to leave a tip, even if the person was rude. In fact, sometimes I give those people more, just because something might be going on and they might need that extra $$$ all the more. It has little to do with any religion or worldview. If someone writes a scripture on a napkin it has nothing to do with tipping...NOTHING! You can write on a napkin and still leave a tip. It was probably about two years ago, and maybe it even happens today, but there is a person that goes around and writes "Tips for Jesus" and leaves a monster tip for the staff, but leaves without drawing a bunch of attention. There was even a recent story about something like this and the waitress who got the tip split it with everybody working in the restaurant.

Messages In This Thread
I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Minimalist - November 24, 2018 at 3:00 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Belacqua - November 24, 2018 at 6:10 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by brewer - November 30, 2018 at 6:38 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Minimalist - November 24, 2018 at 6:19 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Gwaithmir - December 2, 2018 at 8:46 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Dr H - November 30, 2018 at 6:04 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by LastPoet - December 3, 2018 at 12:55 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Brian37 - December 3, 2018 at 1:16 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by LastPoet - December 3, 2018 at 4:20 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Minimalist - November 30, 2018 at 6:41 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by T0 Th3 M4X - December 2, 2018 at 5:48 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Minimalist - December 2, 2018 at 6:43 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by T0 Th3 M4X - December 2, 2018 at 6:58 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by SteelCurtain - December 2, 2018 at 8:25 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Angrboda - December 3, 2018 at 2:45 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Brian37 - December 3, 2018 at 2:58 pm
RE: I Suppose This is "Uncivil" - by Angrboda - December 3, 2018 at 3:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suppose God (christian) was proved to exist (imperically)? TheoneandonlytrueGod 61 11663 April 23, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Foxaèr