Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Righteous and the Woke
RE: The Righteous and the Woke
(October 13, 2019 at 12:28 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: It's bizarre to me that people believe that "deplatforming" people they don't agree with is going to solve the problem.

"I don't like vanilla ice cream make it go away, i no look at it, it not real"

It's moronic.

It also speaks to extreme lack of faith in the American people, and beyond, essentially assuming that if we give racists a platform, they'll suddenly brainwash the world and everyone will just turn into a mindless neo-Nazi zombies. It's nonsense. Of course, the far left liberal who will tell you that you, in particular, are susceptible to their brainwashing tactics, and even more so because you don't believe you could be swayed to become a racist, that they (the far left liberals) are in fact the ones who are truly immune. Everyone but them is just a couple steps away from throwing on a white hood and joining the Klan.

It's total nonsense.

Of course, they'll never confront this hypocrisy. They'll just act like it isn't there, like everything else they ignore.

Am I as concerned about the far left as I am about the far right? That's a good question.

The concern that does come from the far left, in my mind, is that they're pushing more and more people away from the left and more towards the right. Granted, if you aren't going to become a conservative, I doubt the far lefties could push you to make the switch, but they might push a person far enough to the right to get them to consider voting Republican. That's a possibility.

I see both the far left and the far right as reactionary to one another. The far left has dug their heels in the dirt, thinking that this "draw a line in the sand" type of liberalism is going to work, and the right has said, "Oh, you're drawing a line in the sand? Fuck you, here's Trump for eight years."

With both sides huffing and puffing and threatening to blow each other down, I suspect everyone is going to get dirty when the shit hits the fan.
  You know what is the biggest flaw of radicalism? Radicals don't really get anything from debate. For example, I started a forum about processed meats a few days ago ( not a vegetarian or a vegan) and a regular poster on the forum argued that taxing sugar and processed meat could lead to malnutrition. Even if it is not economically true, it is a point of view that should be taken into consideration, if I was a radical probably I would say something like : " Fuck you meat eating murderer".
  Although I'm not from the U.S., I can relate to how some people can push others on the wrong path with childish beliefes. For example, some members of the opposition in the parliament in my country ( Romania) are betting on completely free markets, while I, after I read Thinking Fast and Slow, consider that anything that lacks regulation will lead to something bad. Not because we are bad but just because we don't know better and if in the U.S. pushing someone in a different political view means a shitty president in Romania it means enabling corruption.

Messages In This Thread
The Righteous and the Woke - by EgoDeath - October 11, 2019 at 1:55 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Rev. Rye - October 11, 2019 at 11:54 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by EgoDeath - October 12, 2019 at 12:03 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Grandizer - October 14, 2019 at 5:40 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Little lunch - October 12, 2019 at 4:54 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Rev. Rye - October 12, 2019 at 10:15 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Little lunch - October 12, 2019 at 6:46 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by EgoDeath - October 12, 2019 at 6:55 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by EgoDeath - October 12, 2019 at 3:59 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by brewer - October 12, 2019 at 11:26 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Hillbillyatheist - October 12, 2019 at 2:00 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Rev. Rye - October 12, 2019 at 6:25 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by notimportant1234 - October 13, 2019 at 7:31 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by EgoDeath - October 13, 2019 at 12:28 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by notimportant1234 - October 13, 2019 at 8:05 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by EgoDeath - October 13, 2019 at 9:40 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Succubus - October 13, 2019 at 9:22 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by notimportant1234 - October 13, 2019 at 9:54 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Acrobat - October 14, 2019 at 12:19 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by EgoDeath - October 14, 2019 at 12:37 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Rev. Rye - October 14, 2019 at 12:57 am
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Rev. Rye - October 14, 2019 at 8:41 pm
RE: The Righteous and the Woke - by Little lunch - October 15, 2019 at 1:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One of Your Colleagues Just Woke Up, V Minimalist 16 1107 July 7, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist