Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of Your Colleagues Just Woke Up, V
One of Your Colleagues Just Woke Up, V
This sounds like one unhappy soybean farmer!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/trump-b...ial-peril/

Quote:Trump-backing soy bean farmer rails against president’s tariffs: ‘You are putting families in financial peril’

Dear Unhappy Soybean Farmer,

The only family that pig cares about is his own.
RE: One of Your Colleagues Just Woke Up, V
And now, Nebraska wakes up.

http://www.hastingstribune.com/news/reta...b2889.html

Quote:Saathoff said he couldn’t comment on whether he thinks the tariffs would affect support for Trump among farmers.

“He keeps telling us it’s all going to work out, so I guess we have to trust him on that,” he said.

You just keep "trusting" him, dickhead.
Someone should gift Trump a copy of Smith's 'The Wealth of Nations.'  Of course, Trump doesn't read, so the next best option would be to strike him soundly about the head with the book until he agrees that mercantilism is as dead as the dodo.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
40 years of Reagan's failed "trickle down" bullshit, and you would think a blatant narcissist who panders to racists would finally do it, but no, a little wobble maybe, but we are still held hostage by the far economic and religious right.
The alternative is a loss of power which they can't face.
I don't know, V.  They just can't stop using soybeans as an example.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/25/opini...ss&emc=rss

Quote:The Great Soybean Conspiracy

By Paul Krugman

Quote:I predict that as the downsides of hard-line trade policy become apparent, we’ll see a nasty search by President Trump and company for people to scapegoat. In fact, that search has already started.

To understand what’s coming, you need to understand two crucial points.

First, the administration has no idea what it’s doing. Its ideas on trade don’t seem to have evolved at all from those expressed in a white paper circulated by Wilbur Ross, now the commerce secretary, and Peter Navarro, now the trade czar, in 2016. That white paper was a display of sheer ignorance that had actual trade experts banging their heads on their desks. So these people are completely unprepared for the coming blowback.

Second, this administration is infested — I use that word advisedly — with conspiracy theorists. In fact, it seems, literally, to treat belief in absurd conspiracy theories as a job qualification.

Is it too late to plant something esle?
By V in the thread title, did you mean Vor?

I don't think this thread has caught his attention yet, if so.
Yeah, I always call him V.

I figured he's out plowing under the soybeans and planting lettuce that he'll have to hire Mexicans to pick and...... and...... oh, fuck.
Been a little tied up lately. Been having weather concerns and I've had some dr appointments.

Hard to know how the bean problem will play out with everything else. The Co-op deduction mistake congress made is going to neutralize some of the bean problem. But the property tax deduction disallow goes the other way. And LOL, I'm going to have a shit load of medical deductions this year. I might be in good shape $$ wise.

Corn looks good right now, my beans are getting a little shaggy, weed control is delayed for weather.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What do the Chinese do with soybeans anyway?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Righteous and the Woke EgoDeath 22 1109 October 15, 2019 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch