Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house?
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house?
(April 16, 2020 at 5:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I should think nearly everyone has had hallucinations of the sorts you describe.

Boru

Really... Probably the ones from taking LSD or mushrooms but i haven't met anyone who has told me they had sleep hallucinations or sleep paralysis 
Which is why i think i sound like a loony tune when i tell the story. Understand that this isn't a dream that happens when your asleep. 
I think its a part of your dream is there when u wake up or doze off

Id think psychosis is more prevalent. More cases of audio hallucination like hearing voices. I've met plenty of people who have had that

In prison there are heaps of guys with it. One guy i would always see in the yard walking around always talking to himself. 

I said hi to him a few times and had a few words with him and he seemed normal. Eventually i asked someone about him, apparently he has 11 different entities that speak to him

Traditionally this guy would have been deemed as being possessed by demons, even still now

But its interesting, how can one hear or see things that aren't there. They've been able to identify all these mental conditions now understanding why and how to treat is a work in progress really

Some say the human mind is as mysterious as the universe. Maybe it is

Little lunch Wrote:I've had exploding head syndrome hundreds of times.
It's just before I fall asleep and someone leans in and yells something gibberish in my ear.
Sometimes it's the snippet of a conversation between two people, again, really loud.
It's calmed down a lot as I've aged and it hasn't bothered me for years anyway.

I read somewhere once that it's related to narcolepsy?

You too uh. I had one were i heard footsteps coming to my door then BANG BANG , knocks on my head
And one where it was as though someone was at the end of my bed and slammed it while yelling my name
Or actually recently i had one where i heard my dad call out my name twice. I woke up "Pa... Pa..." nothing

It could be related to narcolepsy which is described as "a long-term neurological disorder that involves a decreased ability to regulate sleep-wake cycles" But it may not be.

It is definitely a parasomnia which is described as "are a category of sleep disorders that involve abnormal movements, behaviors, emotions, perceptions, and dreams that occur while falling asleep, sleeping, between sleep stages, or during arousal from sleep"

BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:I remember the first time I read about exploding head syndrome.  I was HUGELY disappointed

Ha, i can see how...

Valkyrie Wrote:Nah.

My hallucinations are far more interesting.

They involve a chainsaw, an acid bath, Iggy, and a rabbit named Mr Sputnik

LoL im not sure if ur serious or kidding. 
In the case that your for real are talking about voluntary hallucinations through psychedelics?
Cos that is a whole other world, a different level of hallucinations. 
Some people, including a mate of mine, claim to speak to God. He become a Mormon before realizing it was a cult and leaving.

But can u tell us more about your hallucinations.
Oh yes please tell us more

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by no one - April 13, 2020 at 3:28 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by no one - April 13, 2020 at 4:14 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by Aegon - April 13, 2020 at 4:36 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by chimp3 - April 13, 2020 at 6:07 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by brewer - April 13, 2020 at 6:54 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by no one - April 13, 2020 at 9:26 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by no one - April 13, 2020 at 9:33 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by Brian37 - April 14, 2020 at 11:36 am
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by Ranjr - April 14, 2020 at 3:27 pm
RE: Would you sleep/ live in a haunted house? - by Agnostico - April 16, 2020 at 7:52 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demon Outside My House? Jade-Green Stone 23 2498 January 24, 2019 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I don't want to live in this country anymore. Jackalope 24 4827 February 15, 2014 at 6:45 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Sleep Paralysis thesummerqueen 39 16284 March 22, 2011 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist