Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Calling Graphic Artists: New Banner in Support of BLM/Police and Justice Reform
RE: Calling Graphic Artists: New Banner in Support of BLM/Police and Justice Reform
(June 26, 2020 at 9:50 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Okay, since I was one of the few who actually tried to help keep the discussion on track (I may not have always succeeded, but at least I tried), here's the gist of my contribution. I looked at BLM's "Social Media Graphics" page. I know that this is not meant to be specifically related to BLM, but I liked the simple, elegant look of the graphics they've added, and I think it's effective. Shell liked the protest photos in the background, I was personally struck by the simplicity of the Cornerstone font with the very simple accents.

What I'd personally propose (but can't do myself since I can't do anything with images beyond adding filters and/or using Imageflip meme generator): A photo of protesters doing their thing (preferably an extra-wide one so it works as a banner), possibly in black and white, with the name "Atheist Forums" in a suitable font, and perhaps the "Atheist Whirl" between the two words. Maybe have some message making clear that we sympathise with these protesters.

A banner may be minimal effort in this struggle, but at least it's something.

Based on that, I'm changing my endorsement of the kente design idea.  I think an image of the protests is much more apropos and sends a much clearer endorsement.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling Graphic Artists: New Banner in Support of BLM/Police and Justice Reform - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - June 27, 2020 at 4:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Forum Logo / Banner + Merchandise! Tiberius 31 4336 September 27, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Banner Design Tiberius 46 11218 March 1, 2010 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy