Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Tired
RE: Tired
(June 27, 2020 at 4:38 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: The mindset is an essential component. My mother was obese. No matter what the diet, she lost no weight. She would report in exactly what she had for breakfast, lunch and dinner and tot that up she would have been in the starvation category. Yet still lost no weight.

It turns out that the time between meals was not being counted. Add in a bite of this and a taste of that all day long and boy it was no wonder that no weight was lost at all. 

She was functionally blind to all of that daily grazing. They weren't meals so they didn't count.

The scary part is that my father and my three siblings and I were equally blind to it. Looking back, I find myself wondering "How did we miss that?" and the answer is  that we didn't miss it at all. It was simply normalised. Family dynamics are a bugger. We were all enablers.

Eventually, we did take action but it was far too late. The only thing that changed her behaviour was diabetes and two massive heart attacks. 

Time for an emergency quad bypass. And a combo pacemaker/defib device

After months of rehab, on her release from hospital, the med team told her out straight. "We have bought you ten more years". So what did she do? She travelled the world and became a speaker at symposiums for fellow sufferers and basically stuffed as much living into those ten years as humanly possible and never went back to old habits. I cannot but admire that.

But that is what it took for a behavioural change.

Yes, grazing is still an issue I have from time to time.  I watch my meals, eat light and healthy, but if I'm not careful, I'll pile on the calories getting an odd piece of lunch meat or a couple of little crackers or some extra milk with my breakfast.  Grazing adds up, big time.  

And, yeah, you need the right inspiration.  For a long time, I didn't have that.  You want to know who's going to be really inspired to lose weight?  A 350 pound tranny who suddenly found herself with a job that makes surgery possible.  At least that's what it took for me; I knew surgeons wouldn't touch me at 350 so I started working my ass off (literally) and I'm now down to 213 lbs and surgery is just 10 days away (btw, doctor wanted me to be at least 220, but I want to get my weight even lower than that before surgery).  Find the right inspiration and you can overcome anything.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Messages In This Thread
Tired - by BrokenQuill92 - June 27, 2020 at 3:49 am
RE: Tired - by ignoramus - June 27, 2020 at 4:03 am
RE: Tired - by BrokenQuill92 - June 27, 2020 at 4:15 am
RE: Tired - by no one - June 27, 2020 at 4:11 am
RE: Tired - by ignoramus - June 27, 2020 at 4:42 am
RE: Tired - by GUBU - June 27, 2020 at 8:50 am
RE: Tired - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - June 27, 2020 at 4:53 am
RE: Tired - by Peebo-Thuhlu - June 27, 2020 at 6:31 am
RE: Tired - by Gawdzilla Sama - June 27, 2020 at 8:07 am
RE: Tired - by Fake Messiah - June 27, 2020 at 10:49 am
RE: Tired - by TaraJo - June 27, 2020 at 11:17 am
RE: Tired - by Abaddon_ire - June 27, 2020 at 4:38 pm
RE: Tired - by TaraJo - June 27, 2020 at 6:44 pm
RE: Tired - by Abaddon_ire - June 27, 2020 at 7:54 pm
RE: Tired - by Ranjr - June 27, 2020 at 6:22 pm
RE: Tired - by BrokenQuill92 - June 27, 2020 at 9:25 pm
RE: Tired - by TaraJo - June 27, 2020 at 9:54 pm
RE: Tired - by Abaddon_ire - June 28, 2020 at 1:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coffee shop owner tired of rude customers teaches them a lesson Foxaèr 50 11832 June 22, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Tired workers cost biz billions. NO SHIT Brian37 40 5715 December 4, 2016 at 11:27 am
Last Post: John V