Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tired workers cost biz billions. NO SHIT
Tired workers cost biz billions. NO SHIT
And yet another reason to say FUCK THE GOP, FUCK REAGAN'S trickle down bullshit. Now to the fuckfaces whom voted for Trump who has lied about everything, and stupidly think Carrier or he give one fuck about workers, this story is not from a liberal media outlet.

This isn't actually a new study, doctors have been saying this for decades. Workers DONT make enough and are working longer hours for less and less, that is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/sleep-prod...1-billion/

This is NOT rocket science, stress any form of life out in an ecosystem that life will not function well. Overworking and under paying workers IS FUCKING COUNTER PRODUCTIVE!
RE: Tired workers cost biz billions. NO SHIT
So you're the victim of being overworked?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 1, 2016 at 10:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: So you're the victim of being overworked?

Holy crap, just like a climate change denier you pick one cold day and go "LIAR"

It isn't about me personally alone. It is our collective climate of the corporate attitude of work more for less, the more you do that the more counter productive it is.

Try not feeding your cat or dog for several days DUMBASS. 

Ever watch the show "Fatal Attractions" on Animal Planet? Some idiot gets a tiger for a pet, but ends up not being able to feed it then SURPRISE it attacks them.

I am 50 years old and have had many jobs since I was 17. I have worked for a few great managers, and owners, but have also worked for some complete fucking dicks, and right now our business climate is being held hostage by the dicks. Just like big oil doesn't want to face they are fucking the planet up.

We had 36 years of Reagan's "FUCK YOU I GOT MINE" it does not work. Trump is simply setting up another bubble in 4 to 8 years by pretending to care about workers.
Needs more "fucks."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 1, 2016 at 10:53 am)Faith No More Wrote: Needs more "fucks."

But I have none to give.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Yep remember how much you dont give a fuck when in 4 to 8 years we have another bubble.
(December 1, 2016 at 10:41 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 1, 2016 at 10:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: So you're the victim of being overworked?

Holy crap, just like a climate change denier you pick one cold day and go "LIAR"

It isn't about me personally alone. It is our collective climate of the corporate attitude of work more for less, the more you do that the more counter productive it is.

Try not feeding your cat or dog for several days DUMBASS. 

Ever watch the show "Fatal Attractions" on Animal Planet? Some idiot gets a tiger for a pet, but ends up not being able to feed it then SURPRISE it attacks them.

I am 50 years old and have had many jobs since I was 17. I have worked for a few great managers, and owners, but have also worked for some complete fucking dicks, and right now our business climate is being held hostage by the dicks. Just like big oil doesn't want to face they are fucking the planet up.

We had 36 years of Reagan's "FUCK YOU I GOT MINE" it does not work. Trump is simply setting up another bubble in 4 to 8 years by pretending to care about workers.

Sounds like it's personal to you. 

So right now, hostage, after 8 years of what? And how many dicks and hours in that time for you personally? 

You are just sad.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Brian, Brian, Brian, the ubermenschen who run the country will just say they are lazy!
One of the problems of the economy is that outmoded business and economic ideas become entrenched and difficult to remove even when it's discovered that doing things differently would actually make more money. It's not good business to overwork and underpay your employees, so why does it continue?

My only personal insight comes from working in a contract industry: If we don't keep our costs down, my division could lose its primary contract with the state. Some other company that promises to do the same thing for less money could replace us next time our contract comes up and then our division would be closed down and everyone would have to find work elsewhere, hopefully in the same company. We have a 'good quality, medium price' niche; and while I personally think the people who report to me should get paid more, it doesn't take malice on the part of upper management to explain why we don't.

On the other hand, if you're making widgets to sell, I can't fathom why you wouldn't just assign hours and pay wages that optimize the return on your investment.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 1, 2016 at 12:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Brian, Brian, Brian, the ubermenschen who run the country will just say they are lazy!

Nothing wrong with being lazy, it is why we invent things to make our lives easier.

But that is not the context he meant it in.

Business owners ARE LAZY, sure there are many who like being in the trenches and getting dirty. But most are really nothing but bean counters who sit in an air condition office delegating work dreaming up ways to get investors. And I am not even against that. What I am against is when someone does do that, they stupidly think they did it all by themselves.

In a literal scientific sense that is physically impossible. Unless you are self employed and work by yourself, you are not doing all the physical labor by yourself. If you have multiple employees or hundreds or thousands of employees, THEY not the owner, are doing the bulk of the physical labor.

And these idiots who think "fuck you I got mine" is good economics have been sold the bullshit idea that anyone daring to suggest pay is not keeping up with the cost of living, makes that person a communist.

If the only class that mattered were the rich and the rich always got everything right there would be no need for voting at all. I find it fucking hypocritical that these assholes love collective pooling of power at the top, but don't want workers to have that same ability.

NO RICH PEOPLE we are NOT out to get you. But your monopolies of power and corporate bullying IS pissing us off, and if you wont stop on your own, someone has to step in to protect the rights of the workers.

The rich DO NOT always get everything right, if they did, then we would not have had our great recession.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How is inflation and the rising cost of living affecting you? bemore 13 628 August 30, 2022 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Send in the social workers. onlinebiker 57 4478 November 1, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Tired BrokenQuill92 17 741 June 28, 2020 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  What do e-cigarettes cost? EgoDeath 1 442 September 16, 2019 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 430 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Lying Sack of Shit Keeps Lying Minimalist 16 1183 October 28, 2018 at 8:41 pm
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6651 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  No Shit, Sherlock! Minimalist 0 366 August 3, 2018 at 11:51 am
  That's What You Get For Being Spineless Sacks of Shit Minimalist 5 652 June 20, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Franklin Graham Loses His Shit After Wisconsin Defeat Minimalist 9 1541 April 6, 2018 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: rskovride