Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide?
RE: Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide?
(July 22, 2020 at 1:16 pm)Porcupine Wrote: Because of how they are mistreated.

It kinda boils down to this.

Want me to go into detail?  

I started hormones all the way back in 2008 and attempted social transition in 2009.  It was rough.  I'll admit now, I attempted the social part a bit too soon (not to mention the recession at the time didn't help me), but I still would have had to bite that bullet at some point anyway.

I used to be able to find support, somewhere, but when I transitioned a lot of that support dried up.  Family support?  Gone.  Social services?  Those were tricky; I would have had to rely on men's social support services and staying in a men's homeless shelter wouldn't have been easy (communal showers aren't your friend when you have the beginning of boobs).  It would have been nice to get a job and just take care of myself, but nobody would hire me anymore.  I was able to get some support in the trans community but a lot of the people who "helped" me were drama queens themselves and made things worse in a way.  Even applying for unemployment or seeking medical care were difficult.  Had someone in an ambulance call me "a he/she/it" once and ambulance people are supposed to have empathy.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide? - by TaraJo - July 24, 2020 at 1:23 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am currently recovering from transgender surgeries. Ask me anything. TaraJo 27 2060 September 1, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why some people who dislike horror call it stupid? Der/die AtheistIn 36 2500 March 5, 2019 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why are some people afraid to be judged by society regarding only some things? Der/die AtheistIn 8 943 January 26, 2019 at 10:22 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn