Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am currently recovering from transgender surgeries. Ask me anything.
I am currently recovering from transgender surgeries. Ask me anything.
So, the title tells the basics here:  I had sex reassignment surgery and breast augmentation on July 7 and I had some facial work done on July 10.  I'd probably look pretty good, but I'm currently recovering and recovery isn't always the prettiest experience.  

Does anyone have any questions about the surgery or recovery?  Ask away.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: I am currently recovering from transgender surgeries. Ask me anything.
Are you having any post-operative complications?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 28, 2020 at 8:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Are you having any post-operative complications?

Boru

Not too much.  Just a decent amount of pain that's making it difficult to walk around (and when I do walk around, it's usually bow legged).  I might have a minor dehiscence around my perineum, but it's very small and the surgeon says that it's very common; just keep putting bacitracin on it and keep it clean.  

Some of the facial work has left certain parts of my face feeling a bit numb.  My head, where I had brow contouring and scalp advance is a bit numb, which makes washing my hair difficult.  

Bigger boobs take a little getting used to, but I like the way they look.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
T, I'm interested to know if what you did was because it makes you happy for "you" or it makes you happy because society becomes less abrasive and accepting.
I'm sure they're both inexorably linked, how much weight would you give each...

All the best for the recovery...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 28, 2020 at 9:12 pm)ignoramus Wrote: T, I'm interested to know if what you did was because it makes you happy for "you" or it makes you happy because society becomes less abrasive and accepting.
I'm sure they're both inexorably linked, how much weight would you give each...

That second part is a very good insight.

Truth is, if I could, I would just be a regular old non-transgender woman.  So, a lot of the facial work and boobs, I want to look more like a regular old woman.  If I already looked like a cis woman or if society (myself included) accepted my appearance as that of a regular old woman, how would I feel?  Hard to tell.  

As for the genital surgery, that one is all me.  I've had more than a few times, I'd be with a guy and I might be making out with him or just touching him and I want sex but...... I can't have sex the way I want to.  That was always so frustrating.  So, now, once I've recovered down there, I won't have that problem anymore.

So, how does it feel to finally lose the cock after all these years?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 28, 2020 at 9:57 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, how does it feel to finally lose the cock after all these years?

Not bad.  I'm really liking the fact that I can now wear underwear that won't have that gross bulge in the front and I can know that they aren't going to get that bulge in front.

I'll probably like it even more when he heals up a bit more.  Right now I'm still dealing with a bit of pain and I used the last of the oxycodine the doctor prescribed me.  That stuff really got rid of the pain, but I've seen what chemical dependence can do to people so I completely understand if the doctor wants me to try Extra Strength Tylenol instead.  

It'll be nice when the swelling goes down some, too.  Peeing is weird because of that.  I mean, it's already gone down some, but not as much as I'd like.

(July 28, 2020 at 9:11 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(July 28, 2020 at 8:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Are you having any post-operative complications?

Boru

Not too much.  Just a decent amount of pain that's making it difficult to walk around (and when I do walk around, it's usually bow legged).  I might have a minor dehiscence around my perineum, but it's very small and the surgeon says that it's very common; just keep putting bacitracin on it and keep it clean.  

Some of the facial work has left certain parts of my face feeling a bit numb.  My head, where I had brow contouring and scalp advance is a bit numb, which makes washing my hair difficult.  

Bigger boobs take a little getting used to, but I like the way they look.
I had to have a bilateral mastectomy in 2009 followed by reconstruction.  Since I was always rather lacking in the breast department, it was definitely an adjustment for me and still seems a little strange sometimes.  I actually had to argue a bit with the plastic surgeon because he was wanting me to go larger than I was comfortable with.  After all these years the implants are still soft and in clothes look pretty natural...if not like I am an old broad with perky young boobs.  At least you got to keep your nipples...mine are just a memory.  

I hope your recovery is swift and your discomfort manageable.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

At work.

Hug

Be well.
(July 28, 2020 at 8:50 pm)TaraJo Wrote: So, the title tells the basics here:  I had sex reassignment surgery and breast augmentation on July 7 and I had some facial work done on July 10.  I'd probably look pretty good, but I'm currently recovering and recovery isn't always the prettiest experience.  

Does anyone have any questions about the surgery or recovery?  Ask away.
You feeling alright ?
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide? onlinebiker 96 5035 March 25, 2024 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does anyone know anything? MR. Macabre 666 4 330 September 2, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable