Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide?
RE: Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide?
(July 26, 2020 at 9:59 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: 1. You don't understand discrimination or transphobia 

2. You explanation is simply false

Keep your ignorant nonesense to yourself

Okay, I assume you are addressing me since you remarks are posted immediately after mine. Therefore let me respond by saying:
I think I can reasonably say that I do indeed understand discrimination. I have often been on the wrong end of it, including both social discrimination and discrimination (more accurately persecution) by the state. My intention is not to invalidate the experience of transgenders, but I can say with great confidence that the alleged discrimination that transgenders generally make a great hue and cry about pales in comparison to the actual discrimination experienced by much larger groups, which is racial, religious, and ideological discrimination.
I am highly skeptical of the term transphobia. It apparently suggests that there is a fairly widespread sentiment out there in which some people fear transgenders, or suffer anxiety that is directly caused by the presence or existence of transgenders. I do not think such a sentiment exists at the level that would justify the coining of this term transphobia and giving it a place in the English dictionary. At any rate, transphobia is certainly not the explanation for my thoughts and opinion on why transgenders are more likely than non-transgenders to commit suicide or engage in self-harming behavior. The actual basis for my thoughts and opinion on this subject is dispassionate research and unbiased observation of social dynamics.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide? - by Cherub19 - July 26, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am currently recovering from transgender surgeries. Ask me anything. TaraJo 27 2062 September 1, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why some people who dislike horror call it stupid? Der/die AtheistIn 36 2500 March 5, 2019 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why are some people afraid to be judged by society regarding only some things? Der/die AtheistIn 8 943 January 26, 2019 at 10:22 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn