Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide?
RE: Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide?
(July 28, 2020 at 11:20 am)TaraJo Wrote:
(July 25, 2020 at 7:52 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I guess that being Trans must be a bit like being on the autism spectrum, specifically because the spectrum is so broad that it can be kinda hard to get ahold of a single narrative that says: "This is what being trans is like." At least, as long as you really want to figure it out and don't want to latch onto an easy-to-understand narrative to save time and effort, anyway.

I don't feel like it should be that complicated, though.  At least not for me.

13 or 14 years ago, when I started transitioning, I could go to trans support groups or trans groups on Myspace or Reddit and find plenty of people whose experiences I could relate with and who had advice that I found really useful.  Nowadays, trans people like me who just want to transition and get on with our lives, I feel like our voices are being drowned out by a bunch of demi-gender, otherkin, male-presenting trans women and other people with identities so complicated nobody can remember it all.  The people who just want to get on hormones, take care of facial hair, fix our voice and maybe get a surgery or two, the ones who don't want our lives to center around an identity and some kind of struggle and fight centered around that identity, I feel like our community has disappeared or, worse yet, it's being demonized as a bunch of evil "truescum" transmeds.

I really do not know how to read your post, but, I find it to be somewhat bigoted, something that would fall from the lips of Donald Trump. But, instead of right-wing, it comes across as the left-wing politically correct ideologs who think that to be transgender is to take hormones, and, ultimately, have surgery.

In short, there is nothing wrong with "male presenting transvwomen", which falls under the guise of "gender nonconforming", which is fully protected under the Law, at least where I live.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are transgender people more likely to commit suicide? - by Jehanne - July 28, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am currently recovering from transgender surgeries. Ask me anything. TaraJo 27 2060 September 1, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why some people who dislike horror call it stupid? Der/die AtheistIn 36 2500 March 5, 2019 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why are some people afraid to be judged by society regarding only some things? Der/die AtheistIn 8 943 January 26, 2019 at 10:22 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn