Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the condemnation of man justified?
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified?
(January 8, 2021 at 3:46 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 8, 2021 at 3:45 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Funny thing about this virus of yours, it actually will go away when christians do.

did you ever read the "I am legend" book? not the will smith movie they really crapped up the ending and what made this story so great. (spoiler) in the book Dr. Nevil never finds the cure to the vampire virus. but rather comes to the understanding that the whole world was now vampire. the whole world were monsters. at least to him and the society he came from. now that he was the one that was different it was he who by the standard of society became the monster, because his acts rules and values were so different from vampire soceity... By your own reckoning, you see the majority define the norm. what you fail to understand just because being a monster is normal, doesn't make it right.

I have, yeah, I was on a kick years back.  I'll say this, they got the dog part right, in the movie.  It got you, lol.

It wasn't because he was different, ofc..it was because he'd been dragging them out of their beds and killing them.  Entire families.  That's why he was the monster...because he was the godamned boogeyman.....but I'm not surprised that you think it's cuz he was different™.

Go ahead and tell me more about how the best way to explain your totally true virus religion is to butcher mathesons sci fiction for thematic effect, though. All ears. It's the kind of thing I'm always yammering about where you take some religious belief or literature seriously, and the faithful pop up to insist that it's not that, that it's some looney shit.

...I would be particularly interested in seeing who you thought the christians were, in that comparison....come to think of it.

Additionally, as ever, whenever you deign to open your mouth about society and norms and what is right, I have to remind you that -by my reckoning- society doesn't do that at all. Realist, remember, not a relativist like yourself.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Greatest I am - December 7, 2020 at 3:09 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by no one - December 7, 2020 at 3:35 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Fake Messiah - December 7, 2020 at 3:55 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Fake Messiah - December 8, 2020 at 12:55 am
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by The Valkyrie - December 7, 2020 at 4:19 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by The Valkyrie - December 7, 2020 at 4:49 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by brewer - December 7, 2020 at 4:29 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by HappySkeptic - December 7, 2020 at 7:43 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by brewer - December 8, 2020 at 8:44 am
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Rhizomorph13 - December 7, 2020 at 5:02 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by The Valkyrie - December 7, 2020 at 5:11 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Rhizomorph13 - December 7, 2020 at 5:21 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by The Valkyrie - December 7, 2020 at 5:32 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by The Valkyrie - December 7, 2020 at 6:16 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Peebo-Thuhlu - December 7, 2020 at 7:39 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Grandizer - December 8, 2020 at 4:08 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 7, 2021 at 4:35 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 8, 2021 at 3:40 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 12, 2021 at 2:39 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Greatest I am - January 18, 2021 at 12:40 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Angrboda - January 8, 2021 at 12:24 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 8, 2021 at 3:46 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Angrboda - January 8, 2021 at 4:43 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 12, 2021 at 2:32 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Angrboda - January 12, 2021 at 2:35 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 14, 2021 at 3:54 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Angrboda - January 14, 2021 at 11:27 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 15, 2021 at 1:04 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Angrboda - January 15, 2021 at 11:40 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Drich - January 18, 2021 at 2:23 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by The Grand Nudger - January 8, 2021 at 4:50 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by no one - January 15, 2021 at 2:28 pm
RE: Was the condemnation of man justified? - by Rhizomorph13 - January 18, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6071 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9478 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am