Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 4:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false
(January 8, 2022 at 12:02 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(January 7, 2022 at 11:55 pm)Astreja Wrote: False.  A lot of my people did go "a-viking" but not all of us.  Some were explorers (including Erik the Red and his son Leif Erikson - possibly distant relatives of mine).  Some stayed home and did the usual things - raising livestock, subsistence farming, baking, fishing, weaving).

One interesting hypothesis that I've heard, but which I've been unable to confirm, is that the Scandinavian people turned militant in retaliation for attacks by Christian invaders from the south.

And it's pretty fucking hypocritical for you to point at Scandinavia when the history of Islamic atrocities continues to the present day.  We got better.  What's your excuse?

There is no "you": you are not a viking; you are a "modern Canadian citizen"; big difference between the two.
The vikings were an ancient nation, while you belong to a modern nation with a totally different constitution and law of life.
That ancient nation doesn't represent you unless you embrace their ideals and live like them; i.e become them.

Of course I can point fingers at marauders in history like the Mongols and the Vikings, because by looking at their legacy and conclusion I can warn modern people who follow the same path.

The Vikings were not, in any sense, a ‘nation’. That’s a misconception enforced by terms like ‘the Viking Age’. 

Vikings originated from several nations, which eventually became modern Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and (to a lesser extent) Germany. As has been explained, only those Scandinavian who went pillaging and raiding were Vikings. It was their impact that led to whole peoples being referred to by that term, which is why we read about ‘Viking traders’ and so on. 

Like all cultures, the vast majority of Scandinavian people were tradespeople - farmers, smiths, weavers - and not warriors.

Read more books, watch less telly.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - January 8, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3249 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 4816 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9090 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2921 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1532 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4394 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3192 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2205 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20633 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1312 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon