Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My change to Atheism from Christianity (I'm 14)
RE: My change to Atheism from Christianity (I'm 14)
(June 28, 2011 at 2:50 am)Anymouse Wrote:
(June 28, 2011 at 2:36 am)MilesTailsPrower Wrote:
(June 28, 2011 at 2:33 am)Anymouse Wrote:
One cannot have any religious faith -since birth-, since at birth you have no knowledge of religion. Unless you adopt it after you are old enough to think clearly about such things, it is -inculcated- (that is, taught by rote learning).

If you think people get uppity at your telling them you're an atheist, try telling them your a Wiccan. Or a Muslim.

Lol the first time you told your neighbor you were a wiccan he turned to you and tried to choke you, then they picketed your house. That's how you strip them of their individuality, make them know you're not wanted here.

Actually the house-picketing occurred in Virginia Beach in 1984, and the choking in Nebraska a few months ago.

Ran into that fellow today in the General Store here. I have been actively avoiding him, but that is hard to do in a town of 142. He told the owner as I entered "they shouldn't serve my kind here." The owner told him I pay my bills, unlike some around here, and my money is good. Fellow glared at me as he stalked out of the store, but didn't say anything to me.

I don't know why but the staring part while walking out of the store sounded funny. Did you press charges or just avoid the whole thing? The whole incident was i believe from an earlier post you responded too about how you showed the guy they built a religious place somewhere near pearl harbor. But i can't really remember where i seen that post. It amazes me why people would act that way, either a low level of intellect or just being ignorant.
What was it that some people say about Wicca. "you finally came out of the broom closet?"
Also i think choking someone if they don't believe in god came out of the bible, i seen it when i was reading "born atheist".
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: My change to Atheism from Christianity (I'm 14) - by MilesTailsPrower - June 28, 2011 at 2:54 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What made you change your views? pulzar 29 8508 July 21, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  how to change from islam to atheist thanzi 21 4208 February 4, 2015 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Nope
  A journey from Christianity to Atheism snakeman21 11 5746 May 25, 2011 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Arcturus
  My Change Hopppppppp 16 8268 April 29, 2010 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: EggSpurt