Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is evil just a tool against God’s boredom?

All attempts to define a Shangri-La have failed because of boredom.

An everlasting, non-changing environment, whatever it is, like heaven, would be quite boring.

If you had absolutely no change in your life and no chance for change, how long would it take for you to get bored, if not go completely crazy, from life?

Not long I would wager.

God may have created man to change His boring existence. He may have chosen to add chaos to an otherwise unchanging system. To add evil where no evil was before. To add conflict and share his power with the forces of evil.

In other words, did God need evil to give his own existence meaning?

Take evil out of God’s systems and is there any reason for Him to continue living?
Seems not.
Is this why He lets evil continue?

He must have some reason and the above seems to me to be the only way to justify the existence of evil and the fact that God does not end it.

He, like humankind, needs evil, change and surprises to make life worth living.

He could end evil anytime. The fact that He does not speaks volumes of God’s need for it.

Is evil just a tool against God’s boredom or is there a better reason for God to leave it here with us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgjF4dYUhD8

This clip puts the reason for evil as free will.
I do not agree as if that were true, then God would not kill any of us as that would interfere with our free will choice to live.
Either free will is sacred or it is not. It cannot be both violatable and non-violatable.

Is God just bored and using us for entertainment?

Regards
DL
RE: Is evil just a tool against God’s boredom?
God does not exist. Shangri-la was a figment of James Hilton's imagination.
(December 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm)Shell B Wrote: God does not exist. Shangri-la was a figment of James Hilton's imagination.

Yes. Many have speculated on a Shangri-La and most conclude that they would not work thanks to boredom.

Regards
DL
(December 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Yes. Many have speculated on a Shangri-La and most conclude that they would not work thanks to boredom.

Regards
DL

Why anyone would speculate on Shangri-la is a mystery to me. It was made up by James Hilton in the former half of the 20th century.

You'll have to forgive the formatting on this piece. The site is transitioning and is glitchtastic at the moment.

http://voices.yahoo.com/what-does-james-...tml?cat=37
(December 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: He could end evil anytime. The fact that He does not speaks volumes of God’s need for it.

(December 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Is God just bored and using us for entertainment?

That is so sick and twisted an idea that words fail me. So much suffering in the world is necessary just to keep one supreme being's mind occupied?

Can't God just count the number of individual panes in the stained glass window of the church, like many kids around the world do each Sunday? If he runs out of windows, he can just call some more into being; and we could all just lead our lives in peace.
I wonder how bored one has to be to spend any time at all imagining the boredom level of a fictional character designed to make idiots - and we have a few of them on this very site - feel "special" about themselves?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 361 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38689 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 16613 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1546 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2182 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1009 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2357 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2116 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26971 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Problem of Evil (XXVII) SteveII 248 26654 June 16, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: SteveII