Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists Threaten to Kill Atheists.. Again-
Theists Threaten to Kill Atheists.. Again-
Quote:A line is crossed when you threaten violence and death in response to the types of speech you detest. It shows how weak minded you are, fearful of losing your faith. If this were another time or place the threat of violence would be followed by carnage. The wish to kill someone and the act of carrying it out are separated by scant millimeters of ethical judgment. For people who claim to hold the keys to righteousness and morality I expect more. While I have come to learn I can expect less than I ever thought possible, I still expect more. Put on the mask of morality while in public and release your hate filled ruminations inside the walls of your church.

http://www.atheistunderworld.com/2011/12...sts-again/

The tweeting theists make me sick, of course, but it's a well written article. Also, what if atheists were to make the same kind of tweets about theists? Suppose we were to do so using the same sort of ignorant dialect, and atrocious spelling. The backlash would be immense! These idiots didn't even know it was the title of a book that they probably wouldn't like. They had no clue why it was trending, or what it was all about. They're idiots!

Are we surprised at all?

RE: Theists Threaten to Kill Atheists.. Again-
Loved some of the comments. WWJSITF "Who would Jesus shoot in the face?"
It looks like a bunch of juvenile "gangstas." I see a lot of "dis ain't cool, bro. God is da pimp, hatas. I'm on kil yous."
"A plague on all their mouses!" That's fucking hilarious.
(December 20, 2011 at 5:25 am)Shell B Wrote: It looks like a bunch of juvenile "gangstas." I see a lot of "dis ain't cool, bro. God is da pimp, hatas. I'm on kil yous."

Yep. I see them all as hollow threats against a bogeyman they don't understand, and don't care to.

Not saying that such threats of violence aren't morally reprehensible (they are, regardless of who utters them), I just don't see them as credible.

I do hope I'm not wrong.
Well, to be fair, "gangstas" do have a reputation for shooting people. I'm just happy none of them can spell. If they could spell, it might indicate that they could actually manage to find an atheist to shoot.

Funny, they are always talking about how persecuted they are. Try dealing with that, dudes.
(December 20, 2011 at 5:44 am)Shell B Wrote: Funny, they are always talking about how persecuted they are. Try dealing with that, dudes.

Hate that. I mean who's stopping them from going to church? Who's attacking them for coming out as a theist. Who's stopping them from knocking on our doors early in the morning. And yet, if someone quite simply lacks their belief, they are attacked, at risk of losing friends and family and in some cases, their very lives are at risk. Yet these crazy religious nut jobs have the nerve to complain about being persecuted?!

Bugger them all to hades.Devil
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I'm more appalled by their grasp of the English language.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 20, 2011 at 6:02 am)Ace Otana Wrote: Hate that. I mean who's stopping them from going to church? Who's attacking them for coming out as a theist. Who's stopping them from knocking on our doors early in the morning. And yet, if someone quite simply lacks their belief, they are attacked, at risk of losing friends and family and in some cases, their very lives are at risk. Yet these crazy religious nut jobs have the nerve to complain about being persecuted?!

Bugger them all to hades.Devil

In my life, I have not been personally persecuted as an atheist, in general. However, it does nothing for my sense of well-being to see stuff like that.

There was one instance where a family member made me feel uncomfortable. An uncle by marriage was giving a speech at my grandmother's memorial party. He was talking about how they would all see her again. Being the only outspoken atheist in my family (my father is an atheist, but does not talk about it, out of boredom with the topic), I was a little peeved when he added, "even those of you who do not think so." or something along those lines. Yeah, like you don't think I'm going straight to hell.
(December 20, 2011 at 6:14 am)Shell B Wrote: In my life, I have not been personally persecuted as an atheist, in general. However, it does nothing for my sense of well-being to see stuff like that.

There was one instance where a family member made me feel uncomfortable. An uncle by marriage was giving a speech at my grandmother's memorial party. He was talking about how they would all see her again. Being the only outspoken atheist in my family (my father is an atheist, but does not talk about it, out of boredom with the topic), I was a little peeved when he added, "even those of you who do not think so." or something along those lines. Yeah, like you don't think I'm going straight to hell.

I've also had no problems, it's quite easy going over here. I know my uncle asked if I'd be interested in being a priest. He's the one religious nut in my family. A JW. He didn't know that I'm an atheist. He knows now mind. He just doesn't speak of it, keeps it to himself which is good.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(December 20, 2011 at 6:20 am)Ace Otana Wrote: He just doesn't speak of it, keeps it to himself which is good.

That is very good. It's best that way because many religious people do not realize how rude what they are saying seems. To them, it just is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radical Muslims threaten South Park creators tavarish 50 14611 April 28, 2010 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: fr0d0