Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity, an inside joke?
Christianity, an inside joke?
Don't judge where I get my ideas from please. The other day I was watching an "anime" yes and anime, and at a certain point the characters said all is one and one is all with the universe. Bam, a bunch of hogwash called christianity popped into my head, finaly I got the joke.

God is neither moral, nor immoral. (good or bad)
God see's everything.
God is everywhere.
God is all knowing.
God doesn't help you untill you help yourself.
+
All is one and one is all with the universe.

In a brief explenation, all living things are god in general, neither good or bad. Add the eyes of everything on the planet and they see everything, add the presence of every living thing and they are everywhere, combine the brain power and they are all knowing. God doesn't help you untill you help yourself. Well consider you're dying of thirst, there is a cup of water on the ground, save yourself and you commit an act of god. The question now is, what kind of god do you want to be? moral? immoral? or both?

Im not saying this is correct just a theory hahaha. All is one and one is all with the universe. Religion is just a big inside joke to that concept.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
RE: Christianity, an inside joke?
(December 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm)JohnDG Wrote: All is one and one is all with the universe.
That's not Christianity though, saying God is everyone and everyone is God, specifically that we're all God but we don't realise we are role-playing "as us" is Pantheism.

EDIT: Or is 'The All' a Hermetic or panentheistic world-view?
(December 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm)Welsh cake Wrote:
(December 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm)JohnDG Wrote: All is one and one is all with the universe.
That's not Christianity though, saying God is everyone and everyone is God, specifically that we're all God but we don't realise we are role-playing "as us" is Pantheism.

That's why it's funny, because they don't realize there is no one single entity. Didn't specify if I thought all is one and one is all with the universe as being a religion, but no I don't think it is. I will look into pantheism.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(December 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm)JohnDG Wrote: Don't judge where I get my ideas from please. The other day I was watching an "anime" yes and anime, and at a certain point the characters said all is one and one is all with the universe. Bam, a bunch of hogwash called christianity popped into my head, finaly I got the joke.

God is neither moral, nor immoral. (good or bad)
God see's everything.
God is everywhere.
God is all knowing.
God doesn't help you untill you help yourself.
+
All is one and one is all with the universe.

"God doesn't help you until you help yourself," is not a christian idea, actually it goes against christianity.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(December 21, 2011 at 7:05 pm)Godschild Wrote: "God doesn't help you until you help yourself," is not a christian idea, actually it goes against christianity.

Just Repeating what christians tell me, funny how they don't know their own religion so well.
(December 21, 2011 at 7:31 pm)JohnDG Wrote:
(December 21, 2011 at 7:05 pm)Godschild Wrote: "God doesn't help you until you help yourself," is not a christian idea, actually it goes against christianity.

Just Repeating what christians tell me, funny how they don't know their own religion so well.

Yes, it is sad when christians repeat what others tell them before making sure it's true or not.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
With 33,000+ variants of "xtian" it is not so surprising that they can't get their shit together.
(December 21, 2011 at 7:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: With 33,000+ variants of "xtian" it is not so surprising that they can't get their shit together.

Paul didn't know how to flavor the Holy Spirit. Mohammed learned from his mistake. Amateurs. Angel
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
(December 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: That's not Christianity though, saying God is everyone and everyone is God, specifically that we're all God but we don't realise we are role-playing "as us" is Pantheism.

I would argue that your definition of Pantheism is not accurate.
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have a good religion joke? Thor 16 3620 June 11, 2011 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Cinjin