Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all
Hello all
Greetings,

I have had many discussions and debates about theism/atheism throughout the years. I am looking for another place to have more of these conversations. I am a very polite and caring person, I will try not to be rude or ignorant towards others here. I may disagree with some of you, and it seems strange to ask to join an atheist forum when right below my name it states my beliefs, but I really appreciate a healthy disagreement.

I hope to bring another angle to the discussions, if only for the benefit of dialogue. I do understand the average poster on this forum being very skeptical of the bible, and Christians that know less about the rules of their religion than do the other people around them. I agree with that. But lean towards theism from very much the same places you all come from; logic, rationale and evidence.

I very much look forward to having open and interesting discussions with a few of my fellow humans, and hope I am welcome here. If I am not, that is understandable, as this is a very particular forum. Please let me point out that I am not looking for any coverts, nor am I asking to be converted. I only want to engage in communication, and if any of us, myself very much included, can learn or grow from it, then I am fulfilled.

Thank you for your time in reading this, and take care.

-Pip
RE: Hello all
Everyone is welcome to discuss as long as they follow the rules. We like discussing things with theists, but unfortunately most of the time they usually break down and the theist starts either (a) throwing mindless insults around or (b) starts deleting all their posts in order to disrupt discussion. Hopefully this won't be the case with you Big Grin
welcome, Pippy.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Hey,

Thank you for your quick reply Adrian. I have read over the rules, as per the link. They are simple and absolutely fine. I understand that many theists don't conduct themselves very well, especially under pressure. I think it is a problem that goes beyond belief. I get a lot of grief from agnostic/atheist people around me in my daily life, and I hope we can all be mature here. Secularism amongst the youth is beyond rampant. It is hard to put a word too, but more and more these days it is being treated like a mental illness to have faith.

I think the illness is in the aforementioned inability to conduct oneself with grace and honor, regardless of belief. I think that in a lot of ways I will stand in agreement to many fundamentals that others here share. It is important to find where we agree, since everyone can find many places in which we don't.

Thank you again, and I will do my utmost to follow the rules and act appropriately.
"To a lion, God would appear a lion",
Pip
Hi Pip,

Welcome to the forum. As you say you lean towards theism, may I ask what it is that you believe and why?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome here Pippy, looking forward to discuss things with you.
Welcome

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Thank you all for the welcome!

Leo-rcc, if I may.

Thank you for taking the time.
"If not for love, what for?"
-Pip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3590 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 723 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1769 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 741 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2980 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2691 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1342 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2161 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3312 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4200 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty