Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello to all
Hello to all
Hello All,

I am Catholic. Father of three. Grandfather of three. Not the same three. (I think I’m funny, too.)

My day job is doing work related to statistics / analytics / data science. I enjoy discussing (a)theology and related topics, but not many options for that in real life. I was a participant in another forum many years ago but got too busy, so I had to drop. I have some time now and am hoping I can participate for at least a few months.

I guess I’m not supposed to say, “Pax et bonum”, or similar, in my posts. However, know that I do wish all those I interact with peace and all good.

Finally, I am digging the chess sets by Ogg the Clever. Handcrafted? Wow. All my chess is online (maybe there’s a correlation with the level of local discourse?). Otherwise, I’d be interested.

So, thank you for letting me participate. I look forward to e-meeting all of you and having some good discussions.

SimpleCaveman
RE: Hello to all
Were you ever a captain?
Not that I know of? But I've done a lot, so maybe.
Welcome.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 20, 2023 at 7:07 pm)SimpleCaveman Wrote: Hello All,

I am Catholic. Father of three. Grandfather of three. Not the same three. (I think I’m funny, too.)

My day job is doing work related to statistics / analytics / data science. I enjoy discussing (a)theology and related topics, but not many options for that in real life. I was a participant in another forum many years ago but got too busy, so I had to drop. I have some time now and am hoping I can participate for at least a few months.

I guess I’m not supposed to say, “Pax et bonum”, or similar, in my posts. However, know that I do wish all those I interact with peace and all good.

Finally, I am digging the chess sets by Ogg the Clever. Handcrafted? Wow. All my chess is online (maybe there’s a correlation with the level of local discourse?). Otherwise, I’d be interested.

So, thank you for letting me participate. I look forward to e-meeting all of you and having some good discussions.

SimpleCaveman

Welcome to the Forums!

Why would you think you can’t say ‘pax et bonum’? I’ll take wishes for peace and good will in any language. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome Woof.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hello Boru,

Good to "meet" you.

(November 20, 2023 at 7:32 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Why would you think you can’t say ‘pax et bonum’? I’ll take wishes for peace and good will in any language. Smile
I agree! :-) My concern was that was too close to the kind of statement that theists should avoid. It is not specifically religious but it has religious origin and meaning.

SimpleCaveman

Administrator Notice
Link removed per 30/30 rule.
(November 20, 2023 at 7:10 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Welcome.

Thanks!
(November 20, 2023 at 10:02 pm)brewer Wrote: Welcome Woof.

Thanks. And thankfully, you're a dog and not a cat. :-)
(November 20, 2023 at 7:07 pm)SimpleCaveman Wrote: ... ... I enjoy discussing (a)theology and related topics, but not many options for that in real life ... ...

Hi :-) 

What is theology??

It sounds obvious, but, to me, it really isn't that obvious ???

If you don't know either, maybe you could describe what you mean when you say theology??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 715 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1768 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 737 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2971 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2683 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1340 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2144 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3310 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4193 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty
  Hello all. kramazeek 22 2506 September 7, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Longhorn