Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis and Hubble
Genesis and Hubble
Read this

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&...jXa6OMO1Qg

LOL
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: Genesis and Hubble
OH MY GHEY GOD!!!

Is there no end to the desperation of these fundies??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Fail.
Quote:In recent years however, some have challenged the account and say there is no scientific evidence to support Genesis.
Its sad that somewhere out there someone actually typed up this inane pile of crap and thought it sounded clever.

Honestly the article is like the opposite of Monty Python's "world's funniest joke" sketch, in that its so unfunny it could literally kill your brain cells. I had to stop several times for a breather before I could dare continue sampling that page of vomit.

People forfeit all self-respect when they start taking the spew of goat herders who thought the world flat and Heaven above the clouds seriously. Are xtians so desperate to prove this holey Bible true they'll distort and dismiss centuries of scientific progress and discovery to make a statement about their beliefs?
And it all happened in six days! amazing!
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
Quote:According to NASA, planets form inside a proto-planetary disc of dust and debris, starting out in a formless and chaotic state in total darkness, as describe in Genesis verse 2. "Now the earth proved to be formless and waste, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep."

NASA's scientists have discovered that as the planets mature inside their dusty cocoon they suck up all the dust between them and the sun so that the planets slowly emerge from darkness into the light as described in Genesis verse 3. "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

They're really stretching here. Of course they conveniently leave out the "firmament" which separates the rain waters above from the earth/waters below. Which, of course, NASA has discovered doesn't exist. Hell, scientists discovered that it didn't exist hundreds of years before NASA ever existed.

This is nothing more than religion trying to ride on the shirttails of science and trying to prove itself true. It's shoehorning passages of the bible to fit in with modern scientific discoveries. I remember a Muslim on another message board trying to claim that everything in the Koran is true because of some passage which said that "Allah gave man iron from the heavens," and claiming that meteors made of iron fit this verse. When pointed out that most of the iron on our planet came from the planet itself, plus the fact that the earth's core is made of iron, he claimed that the earth forming with iron at it's core comes from the heavens and therefore the Koran passage is still true.

It all smells of desperation.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:NASA's scientists have discovered that as the planets mature inside their dusty cocoon they suck up all the dust between them...

[Image: renandstimpy.jpg]

Ren: Erm, planets suck?

Stimpy: Well, yeah, some think this one does.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Wow. I'd love to meet the guy who wrote this.
Cunt
Ever notice they never make these connections until after scientific discoveries are made?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
WHAT?!?!

It sounded convincing to me.

*then again Ive been smoking crack all day*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Genesis History? Jehanne 21 5915 February 25, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne