Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helen Ukpabio is coming to Houston. Does anyone know anything about her?
Helen Ukpabio is coming to Houston. Does anyone know anything about her?
http://blog.newhumanist.org.uk/2012/01/n...er-to.html

Helen Ukpabio will be preaching in Houston this march. She promotes supersticious beliefs in Africa. According to many news sources the promotion of supersticion has lead to human rights violations.

Here's another link: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/22/us/22beliefs.html

Anyone have any information?

Any information on a planned protest?
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Helen Ukpabio is coming to Houston. Does anyone know anything about her?
Someone has to stop that self-righteous bitch.
RE: Helen Ukpabio is coming to Houston. Does anyone know anything about her?
She's scheduled to preach at a church in Houston on March 14th - 25th. Local Atheist groups are thinking about organizing a protest. Given that her behavior is linked to human rights violations I'm going to try to pass the information on to some Unitarians I know. Why should the atheists have all the fun.

But seriously, I'm not one to protest every thing I see but in this case it might do some good. Hellen O will no doubt raise lots of bucks here in the U.S. and, (what she doesn't spend on herself) will go to fund/encourage schnannagans in Africa. Furthermore Africans seem to respond well to embarrassment and shaming. Perhaps publicity and shame might discourage their horrible superstitious behavior.

On another note, I heard she tried to preach in the UK and was harassed everywhere she went. Anyone know about this?
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Craig is coming to Ireland!! Jehanne 25 5463 March 4, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Helen Stringer @ Kansas Oasis mralstoner 0 651 February 11, 2016 at 10:40 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Bart Campolo @ Houston Oasis mralstoner 5 1736 November 9, 2015 at 9:28 am
Last Post: lisah
  Helping others "coming out" juniorj1980 10 2411 April 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Doggey75
  Secular volunteer opportunities for atheists/humanists of Houston Texas Ziploc Surprise 0 3030 May 18, 2012 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Teacher may lose job after derogatory comments about her students on Facebook Autumnlicious 14 6129 February 17, 2010 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995