Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Spiritual Astronomy"?!
"Spiritual Astronomy"?!
I was innocently browsing the web, minding my own business, when suddenly I chanced on something called 2divineways.com. The rather baffling main page heads with:

Quote:Welcome to Spiritual Astronomy with its Celestial Cosmology

This Model describes light/energy in terms of “Relativity Ratios.”

(and yes that's how it's displayed.)

I'm currently reading the page entitled "Black Hole Infinite Intelligence", subtitle "Reverse the Black in Black Hole Realize the Light of God's Infinite Intelligence." I'm in for a treat.

I won't give away too much here, I don't want to spoil the fun. It's basically a smorgasbord of pseudospiritual woo with generous lashings of "huh?"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: "Spiritual Astronomy"?!
I have a headache.
I usually like to read on astronomy to become smarter.
Not only did I not learn anything from this, but I think it pulled out knowledge, memories, and possibly control over my bodily functions.
At least Time Cube stuff was entertaining while it made blood come out of my ears, eyes, and nose.

I look forward to eventually talking to some idiotic creationist that attempts to use this as a source for whatever retarded biblical literalism that person is attempting to peddle.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
That is one seriously stupid site!

It is a beauty, isn't it? It's all 'written' (in the loosest possible sense) by one Scot Aaron, who naturally rejects evolution and the Big Bang and in another par for the course, sees "mainstream science" as a conspiracy against his uncooked (ie not even half-baked) 'theories':

Quote:Of course, the mainstream promotes the Big Bang and their billion year dates. It seems that the teachers [especially all those Earth scientists] sell to us, their "paycheck belief." It is as if they have to accept the Big Bang and 4.5 billion year old Earth to get and keep their job. According to their "brainwash," we might as well be like dust, with meaningless, practically pointless lives. [Just sharing a moment of frustrations with all the "big egos" supposedly upholding "intelligence."]

If his books are anything like this site, I hope they're on recycled paper. I'd hate to think trees died to wear words such as:

Quote:...Our Earth, as we understand it, exists for about about 10,000 years, our "Light Year." [This Light Year is about 10,000 years based on Earth traveling about 30 km/sec. As we can not know a precise beginning, the "End" or rather "Peak" of Consciousness, depends on Awareness.] The PEAK of Our Global Consciousness will initiate the transformation of Earth in Light, like into a Star [i.e. an Earth Star]. Beyond the symbolic ramifications is the reality of our Earth's “Enlightenment” where we take our place as the stars, and various forms of Light. All Light ultimately consists of intimate circulations of aware consciousness. This can encompass the definition of “Eternity.” Again, Earth exists for its Light Year, whereby our consciousness can reach its “Peak” and begin Earth's full transformation into Light. *** Ultimately time and space transcends our "linear" perceptions. The end creates the beginning even as the God's "pulsating vision at the beginning" unfolds the End. Time is round. Our clear comprehension of consciousness can actually assist in the creation of Earth and our Cosmos.

Incidentally, the Amazon entry for the book touted on his site, God's Science, has only one customer review, which I strongly suspect was written by Scot Aaron himself under an assumed brain.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think I'll be sick now... Dizzy
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Wow...
Cunt
So what we have here is a promo for a book "New Age-let's get hooked into the Pleiadians and turn the planet into a star??? Thinking Bit late in the day isn't it for this hippie-dippy stuff??
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOPprXoTJHY0jdZIy8ok2...AY0I8UKiaa]

so last century.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I think he's either insane or thinks he's far more intelligent than he actually is. I imagine if a real scientist read through this crap and told the author that it makes absolutely no sense, he'd probably say that the scientist just isn't intelligent enough to understand it.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(January 10, 2012 at 9:01 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I was innocently browsing the web, minding my own business, when suddenly I chanced on something called 2divineways.com.
That'll teach you not to Google search "Bullshit" again.

(January 12, 2012 at 1:56 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I think he's either insane
He IS insane. Nuff said.
Actually sounds a lot like Amkerman, a lot....

Thinking
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.