Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Voters
Atheist Voters
http://www.usanap.org/events/questioncampaign.html/
RE: Atheist Voters
This is advertising is it not?

You are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU&ob=av3e
Why vote for a party?? Vote for the policies.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I don't like how it says "A Call to Arms" at the top. Kinda SarahPalinTeabaggerGunReferenceTrashTardish.

Just my opinion.

Its not asking you to do anything but challenge current politicians to admitthat their politics and platrforms are religious and biased. New laws are being passed with only the Christian interest being held. The title may be a bit strong but we need to confront out politicians as a group so that they know we will not stay silent any more. I am tired of laws being passed b/c no one challenges them
Wasn't trying to advertise, Just saw a cool article, thought it was a good campaign and wanted to share it with those I thought would appreciate it
Meh, maybe I'm just being a dick, but if a christian dude came on here posting a thread that only contained one link, a link to their political party, I'd consider it advertising.

For what it's worth, I couldn't care less about an 'atheist party'. All atheists have in common is their lack of belief in god. As you regularly see on here our political views can be poles apart, so good luck trying to represent every atheists political stance.

Doesn't matter, because even I don't have the gall to start a thread with a single link (and not so much as a smile, wink, or '...' somewhere in it).

Next time you post a link: write something about it. Preferably including the link with a paragraph or more telling us about it.

Doing so makes it look less like brazen advertising, more like something people might be interested in clicking on, and is far less likely to piss people off.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
The campaign finally got a video response and I thought i would share it with you guys. I think he was really respectful and reasonable when he asked the question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zAQVRekQ...e=youtu.be
(January 14, 2012 at 5:25 pm)m.condon Wrote: http://www.usanap.org/events/questioncampaign.html/

----and you are?

I rarely check blind links,especially by people I don't know. From reading other posts, it seems you are spamming.

"As an atheist", I have no position on any topic whatsoever apart from the existence of god(s)

I DO have positions on many things as a skeptic,realist, cynic,misanthrope etc etc.

The last time I voted FOR a political party was in 1975. Since then I have always voted AGAINST the bigger shower of venal incompetents on offer. If I lived in the US, I would probably vote independent in the coming election.
(January 15, 2012 at 4:47 pm)m.condon Wrote: Its not asking you to do anything but challenge current politicians to admitthat their politics and platrforms are religious and biased.

What, you think they don't know that? Look at all the Republican candidates for president this time, including all the ones who dropped out. Every single one of these nutbags claimed that God told them to run for president, not to mention that they're all Christian nationalists. You think they give two shits about what you or I think? Even Democrat politicians are going to do what the majority of voters want and ignore atheists.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.