Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John 7:37-38
John 7:37-38
John 7:37-38 (KJV)
Quote:"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Was he telling them to drink his urine? Or asking for a blow job?
RE: John 7:37-38
Sounds like jesus was stoned.
That one always made me think of vampires.

(January 14, 2012 at 7:05 pm)Forsaken Wrote: John 7:37-38 (KJV)
Quote:"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Here let me give you a common response used in Fundy churches for problems like this: You need hear that verse with spiritual ears (yes I know you read it but just roll with me here, ok.) The carnal mind knows not nor understands the ways of god. You can't understand that verse because you are reading it with a carnal mind. Confused Fall
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

My carnal mind is thirsty for blood?

(January 15, 2012 at 12:56 am)aleialoura Wrote: My carnal mind is thirsty for blood?

Listening with a spiritural mind essentially means accepting the churches interpretation of the passage. Turn off your brain and get with the program will you! Geeezze! Lol. Angel Cloud
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

I agree with Min.

A drunk guy who already thinks he's the messiah for all of mankind blurted out some stupid shit one night when he had too much honey ale and fermented grape juice.

...or, more realistically, a 3rd century writer had too much wine one evening and jotted down some silly drivel and christians are fucktards for believing words written by a drunk brainwashed religious zealot who had no idea that more than 5 fucking people were going to read his bull shit.
[Image: Evolution.png]

The author(s) of John were dispensers of really bad advice too, like Jesus telling his followers not to resist evil people.

With drivel like that coming from the "messiah" its no fucking wonder a third of heaven turned against God, he's an almighty idiot.
(January 14, 2012 at 7:05 pm)Forsaken Wrote: John 7:37-38 (KJV)

Sounds like Jesus the Emo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofujQz5170

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel of John controversy Jillybean 12 445 March 4, 2024 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  1 John 4:1 compared to The No True Scotsman Fallacy and sophisms Thomas Kelly252525 104 13406 June 20, 2016 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  John the Baptist DeistPaladin 89 26544 September 26, 2013 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope John Paul II and the trouble with miracles wwjs 14 6357 July 9, 2013 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Full Circle
  John's Gospel and "The Jews" DeistPaladin 41 21466 January 23, 2012 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Gospel of John and the number 153 Ziploc Surprise 3 2886 January 17, 2012 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Osama Bin Ladens death a miracle from John Paul II reverendjeremiah 27 6312 May 9, 2011 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: the6dead