Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Sup.
Wink 
'Sup.
Hello all, I'm a new member here. So I guess I should do a bit of introduction before moving on to the other categories.

But what's there to say! I was an ex-Catholic (because of my dad) but soon reverted to a free thinker and then more or less an atheist. I live among a largely Christian community in my sunny little island, including my classroom. Ironically, its the most fervent Christian in class that brought to my attention various works by Friedrich Nietzsche (I trust he's familiar around these parts), then attempting to redeem me by referring to me books by Schopenhauer and Kant (which I absolutely refused to read).

So yeah, that's about it. I'm a self-inspired hedonist as well as semi-Pastafarian, and I'm a rather large fan of Oscar Wilde and Nietzsche, among others. To speak specifically, I'm not atheistic per se, but (I believe under Nietzsche's influence) rather a closet anti-Christian, for the sake of public image. Sure, I'm not an anti-religious activist, but I do enjoy the occasional rebuttal against a fervent preacher.

So hopefully I can find some guidance here!
~We, the atheist, in creating a purpose for ourselves where there was none, are greater than God himself.~
RE: 'Sup.
Hello, welcome to the forum! Smile

More or less a atheist? If you don't believe in a God or any gods at all then you are a atheist. It's that simply really.
Thanks ^^

Oh, I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to coining myself. But essentially, I don't believe in God, but I just read the Bible (and Wikipedia) about all this stuff, maybe for reading pleasure, I don't know. Is it possible for one's religious view to be 'anti-Christian', considering that its not a religion per se, but rather a stand against a religion? o.O
~We, the atheist, in creating a purpose for ourselves where there was none, are greater than God himself.~
Greetings.

Nice intro Aza, you sound like an interesting guy/girl. Welcome to the forums!! Have a good time and may you learn some stuff hopefully.

Welcome.

EvF
Welcome to the forums Azazylix!!! nice to see another Nietzsche fan aroundBig Grin
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Thanks EvF! I've already started reading a lot of the forum posts. Guy, by the way. xD

Hey Overmars! I absolutely adore Nietzsche, even though I've only read two of his books so far. I'm still halfway through Thus Spoke Zarathustra and kinda gave up annotating. It was getting kinda repetitive, don't you think? :/ But I agree, its really awesome to see another Nietzsche fan around! 8D
Welcome zazylix. I have to confess to being anti Nietzsche, but I haven't read much of his as I found him so negative and well, depressing (I was an atheist at the time I read him). Perhaps I'll give him another go sometime.
Welcome to the forums!

I used to be Catholic as well

I'm an atheist now though, of course Smile
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
And thank fuck for that - atheism FTW! Tongue
(May 3, 2009 at 7:22 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: And thank fuck for that - atheism FTW! Tongue

lol
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sup? Zarastro 16 1502 September 29, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Zarastro
  Sup? AbsolutelyReligiousless 14 1733 June 13, 2016 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
Brick Sup fam Martian Mermaid 41 4640 April 27, 2016 at 4:33 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Sup wolfclan96 12 1848 January 13, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko