Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have at it
Have at it
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...9038_n.jpg

Saw this on Facebook. Comments?
Brevity is the soul of wit.
RE: Have at it
1. Mothers are not deities, so that's a poor comparison, obviously from a standpoint of ignorance about the definition of atheism.. again.

2. We know there is life after birth because we're obviously all born and alive. We do not, however, know if there is life after death, because there is no proof. I suppose when those "atheist" babies are born they'll see for themselves that there is life after birth, and a mom. Hope she's a better parent than the god that will most likely be shoved down their poor little throats.

3. They will not be punished eternally for not believing in a mom, in utero. There will be no other penalty for having not believed that for which they've not seen proof, other than having to live on Earth with theist nut-jobs.

Like the ones who made up this nonsensical meme.

Very cool! It makes me think of reincarnation in a new light! The only difference is that babies in the womb are cognitively unaware of their existence whereas adults are. Who is to say that this universe is not a "womb" to another existence after death? Perhaps we pass on to another plane or dimension? Food for thought. Just like a fetus in a mother's body, maybe our consciousness somehow travels through a galactic wormhole. But of course this is just a whimsical speculation. I like to imagine cosmic possibilities! Hey, it's a big universe....who knows right? PEACE!
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

(January 26, 2012 at 1:39 am)Bgood Wrote: Very cool! It makes me think of reincarnation in a new light! The only difference is that babies in the womb are cognitively unaware of their existence whereas adults are. Who is to say that this universe is not a "womb" to another existence after death? Perhaps we pass on to another plane or dimension? Food for thought. Just like a fetus in a mother's body, maybe our consciousness somehow travels through a galactic wormhole.

Whatchu smokin?!? Don't be stingy!

I didn't particularly mind the poster when I first saw it, but when I realized that religious individuals were using it to bash atheists as being ignorant and naive it got to me. I'm all for intellectual curiosity and personal belief, but when it's used against others it frustrates me to no end.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys!

P.s. Welcome Bgood, it's always nice to see new people on the forums.
Brevity is the soul of wit.
Quote:The only difference is that babies in the womb are cognitively unaware of their existence whereas adults are.

Its a cinch you haven't talked to some of the xtians we have around here.
It seems the makers of the image can't distinguish the difference between existence and nonexistence.
(January 26, 2012 at 2:04 am)Blam! Wrote: It seems the makers of the image can't distinguish the difference between existence and nonexistence.

Oh, but you forget there are layers upon layers of alternate universes – heavens, if you will – where all them gods live! What is not obvious/visible in your universe, possibly goes to the market every day in another one. ;-)
Dumb, is what I think of that. Stupid comes to mind as well.
Trying to update my sig ...
Once again theists prove their inability to come up with an accurate analogy.

Usually it's our politicians making me facepalm this badly.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]