Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hullo
Hullo
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I was just poking around the internet and came across this site. Im always interested in a good spirited religious discussion or debate so this seemed like a good forum for it. I look forward to some exciting and invigorating discussions.

-Lotus
RE: Hullo
I hope we'll have some interesting discussions Lotus, welcome to the forums! Smile
Welcome to the forums Lotus!
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Welcome here Lotus
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Welcome Lotus
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
(May 8, 2009 at 8:01 pm)Lotus Wrote: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I was just poking around the internet and came across this site. Im always interested in a good spirited religious discussion or debate so this seemed like a good forum for it. I look forward to some exciting and invigorating discussions.

Good god! I don't expect we'll see eye to eye at all but welcome anyway.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Welcome, hope to meet you in the threads soon
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
(May 12, 2009 at 11:18 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Good god!
Good WHAT?!?!?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
"Good (non-existent) god!" Kyu? Lol Tongue

Well at least he didn't capitalize it I guess lol Wink haha.

I heard Dawkins say "God only knows who..." or something like that once I think hehe. I found it funny. I think it was when he was giving a lecture when he also talks about athorism lol.

A little bit about Athorism for those who don't know what it is:

'Dawkins also created a parody of the criticism of atheism, coining the term athorism, or the firm belief that the Norse deity Thor does not exist. The intention is to emphasize the claim that atheism is not a form of religious creed, but instead merely denial of beliefs. [...]' - from part of the 'Parody Religion' page at Wikipedia.

EvF
Welcome to the forums Lotus.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hullo, hullo! ketameankitty 26 2458 January 2, 2015 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  Hullo! from US! Dragonetti 33 3402 April 24, 2013 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  hullo atheists! dominic-uk 8 1867 February 20, 2012 at 1:30 pm