Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member - Hi everyone!
New member - Hi everyone!
Hi everyone!
My name is Chris, and I’m a devout unbeliever.
I sometimes find life as an atheist quite a lonely one, other than my(equally non-believing) wife I don’t really have anyone to talk to about my world view, so I thought joining a forum with likeminded people might be a good idea.
I’m lucky that we live in the UK where the majority of people are either agnostic or hold onto some vague notion of Christianity, but as an atheist even here I am often frustrated at how deeply ingrained mysticism is in our culture.

I am really looking forward to reading other people’s views, and also contributing to the debate.

RE: New member - Hi everyone!
Welcome! Quite a few of us are from the UK too.
Welcome to the forums, glad you could find a place to chat!
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Hi Chris (and wife!) Welcome

Enjoy your stay here
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Thanks guys. The wife may well join of her own accord Smile
Nice to see we've got people from all over the world including the uk, should make for some interesting chats
welcome
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome dude.
Hi Chris from the UK! I'm Chris from the UK too!

Enjoy your stay mate.
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
Isn't it a good thing we can choose our names on the internet?

I went through elementary/primary school with 5 other Rachels in my class - and some of us shared last initials.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 9, 2012 at 9:20 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I went through elementary/primary school with 5 other Rachels in my class - and some of us shared last initials.

I know the feeling. I wish I had the balls to change my name in the real world like Tiberius is doing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member asswriter 8 254 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Member Photos Tiberius 20280 4490203 April 11, 2024 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member MistMuse 7 284 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 628 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 874 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 659 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1381 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1198 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2090 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2663 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one